• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And by the way...
The kid that stole the dragon then got his eye cut out had kind of a moon face, round nose.
The older brother was tall and lanky with a pointy nose.
So what do they do? On the time jump re-cast, they use a tall lanky guy with a schnoz for grown up moon-face.
And a flat faced guy for the gown up pointy nose kid.

One is a lazy hedonist who got fat. The other is an angry, lean mean fighting machine.

I agree the casting change is weird but the new look befits each character.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IMG_1627[1].jpg

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's surprised me that HoTD has become one of the best shows on tv. I believe I may prefer it over the first season of GoT. The storytelling often feels more sophisticated and the acting has been outstanding. Looking forward to the final episodes of the season.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's surprised me that HoTD has become one of the best shows on tv. I believe I may prefer it over the first season of GoT. The storytelling often feels more sophisticated and the acting has been outstanding. Looking forward to the final episodes of the season.

Yeah, I like HotD better than GoT. But I also like The Expanse better than GoT. And HBO Rome. And Deadwood now that I think about it.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought tonite was the finale of HotD, but I guess it's next week.
I still like LOTR.1 better, but this episode had a fairly kick ass ending...

Reactions: otc

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought tonite was the finale of HotD, but I guess it's next week.
I still like LOTR.1 better, but this episode had a fairly kick ass ending...
The penultimate episode of a a GoT season is usually the big one vs the season finale.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Damn. What an episode. :)

One left!

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn. What an episode. :)

One left!
I do have to say though...
Why, just because a guy appreciates a Queen's attractive feet, does he have to be portrayed as someone evil with a club foot?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I will admit I didn't fully appreciate what happened at the end of the episode before this.

I thought it was just a delirious and dying king kind of rambling about the prophecy and that his wife (who doesn't know about the prophecy as they made it very clear he was only telling his daughter as heir) misinterpreted it. It didn't really make sense given he said things like "you are the one" but he also said "Aegon" so she heard what she wanted to hear.

But during the episode I googled what he actually said and realized that he actually just thought he was talking to Rhaenyra.
1. they made a point of showing him confuse Rhaenyra and Alicent earlier in the episode.
2. Rhaenyra had specifically asked him about the prophecy the night before and he thought he was continuing the conversation.
3. His words only make sense to Rhaenyra and confusing the girls again is much more likely than suddenly rambling to his wife about the prophecy he's kept secret his whole life.

Doesn't change the end result, but does make the whole thing a little cleaner.
Also, I enjoyed the old lady's (Rhaenys?) attempt to **** with Alicent by planting the "why not you on the iron throne" seed. Not sure if it will pay off, but it fits with the king's words since he thought he was talking to Raenyra and said things like "you are the one"...
Still time for her to act on it given Aegon's a POS.

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve read the book, so i know how everything generally goes, but i do hope that they take enough creative license to have this next segment not go exactly like the Robert death/Ned beheading/Joffrey coronation from GoT

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads