• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Another good quote:

“You can’t please everybody, so you’ve got to please yourself,”

Wanker talking about wanking.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hahahaha. Rome was a better show just sayin.

Texasmade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rome was awesome. I read somewhere the show was supposed to be longer but they cut it to 2 seasons.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rome was awesome. I read somewhere the show was supposed to be longer but they cut it to 2 seasons.
Yeah. I think it was meant to be 4 seasons. There was talk of a movie or series of movies focusing on Vorenus and Pullo but nothing ever came of it I guess. :(

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I stopped giving a crap about GoT when I first saw The Expanse in late 2015. Really excited that Amazon picked it up and expanded its budget.

Texasmade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I think it was meant to be 4 seasons. There was talk of a movie or series of movies focusing on Vorenus and Pullo but nothing ever came of it I guess. :(
The guy who played Mark Antony was pretty pissed off Rome only lasted 2 seasons and then GoT came along and was a huge hit. He was like “we were GoT before GoT. The show never got the credit it deserved.”

Lionel Hutz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
after the Deadwood movie fiasco you should probably be happy about that

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The guy who played Mark Antony was pretty pissed off Rome only lasted 2 seasons and then GoT came along and was a huge hit. He was like “we were GoT before GoT. The show never got the credit it deserved.”
Yeah, I think he was offered a part in GoT and turned it down. I mean, he's bitchy, but correct.

after the Deadwood movie fiasco you should probably be happy about that
Oh hell seriously? I haven't seen the Deadwood movie yet but I have high hopes.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is the expanse tv show better than the book? Because the book was awful.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I haven't read the novels so I can't say.

SixOhNine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm holding off on reading the books. I've learned my lesson about reading an unfinished series.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm holding off on reading the books. I've learned my lesson about reading an unfinished series.
Same here. I got through the third GoT novel and realized I was wasting my time. I'm not going to start on The Expanse series. Sticking with the show heh.

Although, the story of how the books came together is kinda interesting. Guy did a bunch of worldbuilding for what was going to be a Chinese MMORPG, which fell through, so his writer friend suggested they team up and write novels based on what he had done.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.