• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

beargonefishing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m ok with most of those. Those are some fantastic actors that deserve recognition. Not their fault they were given a garbage script. Fair enough I guess for the cameramen, hairstylists, etc.

The nominees for directing and writing, though, can go fuck right off
The only actor I would disagree with is Kit. He just ain't very good, and with all the good actors on television he certainly doesn't belong.

JohnAAG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only actor I would disagree with is Kit. He just ain't very good, and with all the good actors on television he certainly doesn't belong.
I thought he did a good job of looking nervous when the big lizard got angry because the blonde girl got hurt and it melted the metal chair made of spikey things ...

What was the plot again?

SixOhNine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Benioff and Weiss getting a nomination for writing has to be the most ridiculous one on that list.

noob in 89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dunno, you may disagree with their hasty plot points, but writing is more than that. The dialogue and scene-building etc. was still on point.

Van Veen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dunno, you may disagree with their hasty plot points, but writing is more than that. The dialogue and scene-building etc. was still on point.
Yeah, the writing and directing awards are for single episodes.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So now i want to know what they’re nominated for with the “outstanding prosthetic makeup” thing. It would be fun if it was for Hodordick but that was quite a few seasons ago

(It’s probably for the white walker faces)

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any writer who takes 15 minutes post episode to explain what you just saw and why the characters did what they did has no business accepting an award.

lefty

SixOhNine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They got the nomination for the episode, The Iron Throne. You know, the one where they made Bran king and spent an inordinate amount of time showing a staff meeting. Great stuff.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lindsay Ellis poses with liquor bottles, and looks like she's been hitting them pretty hard in real life. But she explains the shit out of why the ending was so terrible.

[Don't bother with part 1, it's crap]

ETA: and she only says her catch phrase ("problematic") a few times.

Last edited:

SixOhNine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An hour and ten minutes to explain why shit stinks? Ain't nobody got time for that.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.