1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Piobaire, Dec 5, 2010.

1. javyn

javyn Senior member

2. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Ha, your girlfriend is that guy that reviews GoT episodes. Is he a fun bottom?

3. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Drogo is the new Conan, so the ladies and da gaze can jerk off to him again when that movie comes out.

4. javyn

javyn Senior member

Drogo is the new Conan, so the ladies and da gaze can jerk off to him again when that movie comes out.

Yeah that's how I managed to placate her. "baby they have to kill him off, he's just going to be too busy rebooting the Conan franchise!"

5. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Walking Dead lost me after the premiere. I will probably watch but I don't think it will get any better.
    Breaking Bad starts in August I think. [​IMG]

July for breaking bad....

and another year for Game of thrones [​IMG]

6. jarude

jarude Senior member

7. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. 13k

13k Senior member

9. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

^ ahahahahaha omg what a perfect capture

10. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

[​IMG]

that is a huge effin sword... the hell happened to an executioner axe, but i mean with that, you'd think a 10 foot viking would weild it

11. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

The show pulls elements from different medieval cultures, so I suppose one of them used a giant sword for beheadings at some point in time. The executioner must've been jacked.

12. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

The show pulls elements from different medieval cultures, so I suppose one of them used a giant sword for beheadings at some point in time. The executioner must've been jacked.

It was the same sword Ned used to behead the guy in the first episode.

Those Northmen go big.

13. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Ned should have pulled a me and dodged the sword as it went down. Varys was great in that scene as always.

14. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

Check out Ser Ilyn's huge forearms.

15. bamboo85

bamboo85 Member

Damn this Pandoras Box of thread!!! Didnt read the books, but got the cliff notes to the rest of the future series. bastards!!

16. 3cyr3

3cyr3 Well-Known Member

Didn't realise it before but

The sword used to execute Eddard is the same sword that Eddard used to execute the deserter in the first episode

17. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

I don't get it though. How is it the same sword? Did he bring it with him from Winter Fell?

I assumed that each 'realm' had their own executioner sword.

18. Mr. Bananagrabber

Mr. Bananagrabber Senior member

I'm confused on the sword as well. Is there just one executioners sword that travels around to whatever beheadings are necessary? Or did they take Ned's sword from him? (Random aside: that was a lot of blood on that sword.) Also what's up with the spelling of Ser? Is that just a GRRM invention?

19. javyn

javyn Senior member

It's his family sword, Ice. Not sure how it made it up there but assume he took it with him when he left Winterfell in the beginning.

20. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Senior member

Ned brought ice with him. When they imprisoned him cersei or joffrey gave it to ser illyn. Since ice is valyrian steel, its sharper than regular steel. Because of that illyn is using it as his executioner sword.