• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
None of those are like GOT, which is why I ended up liking this book/series so much.

Originally Posted by HORNS
Says the guy with the Peregrin Took avatar.

Originally Posted by Reynard369
I assume you are joking? His avatar is not a character from LoTR...

Originally Posted by indesertum
did you watch game of thrones?

Yeah, I'm out of here - this threak is wayyyy too serious. Even the most inept troll, like me, can elicit responses.

That being said, I do look forward to watching it. But you guys . . . sheesh.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackfyre
As I said before, wait till season three comes, or for those reading it book three. Minds will be ******* blown and hearts will break.

I know you're positively bursting about the future of the seven kingdoms, but please stop alluding to what happens later or this thread becomes useless to those of us that don't want to know until we get there. Even hinting at stuff kinda sucks.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm out of here - this threak is wayyyy too serious. Even the most inept troll, like me, can elicit responses.

That being said, I do look forward to watching it. But you guys . . . sheesh.

+1

But i enjoy show as is

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Talk to you in what, 3-4 yrs if everything goes well?

I'll watch eps soon I think.

I think the show will make it.

Originally Posted by Baron
I know you're positively bursting about the future of the seven kingdoms, but please stop alluding to what happens later or this thread becomes useless to those of us that don't want to know until we get there. Even hinting at stuff kinda sucks.
I feel you. I really haven't spoiled anything though.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
This thread is getting way too spoilery. Is this a thread about the TV show or a thread about the books?

(As we'll recall, I fought several extended and ultimately doomed-from-the-start battles along these lines in the True Blood thread last year, lol)

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
This thread is getting way too spoilery. Is this a thread about the TV show or a thread about the books?

(As we'll recall, I fought several extended and ultimately doomed-from-the-start battles along these lines in the True Blood thread last year, lol)

Donchu you go comparin' True Blood to Game of Thrones. Nuh uh!

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm out of here - this threak is wayyyy too serious. Even the most inept troll, like me, can elicit responses. That being said, I do look forward to watching it. But you guys . . . sheesh.
Yeah thread has been taken over by people geeking over the show and the books. I'm thoroughly enjoying the show and I'm glad I haven't read the books so I don't have to over think it. Will continue to read parts of the thread for the occcasional interesting tidbit.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
Ahem...Who do you think got us the spoiler button?

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't those of you who are following along in the books as you watch the series get bored?

I remember trying to read Patrick Suskind's Das Parfum after seeing the movie adaptation and giving up after 50 pages because everything was exactly the same; no surprises left.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As a rule I always try to read the book first, if I'm going to have the story spoiled I'd rather have the book spoil it. I didn't know this existed until the show came out. As far as it getting boring doing both, nah, it's kind of interesting to see how it's different than what I imagined from reading, but generally I don't do that. Oh yeah don't click spoiler
frown.gif
This show is pretty cool, way better than the other fantasy out there. Although I used to love Terry Brooks and David Eddings when I was a kid

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
Don't those of you who are following along in the books as you watch the series get bored? I remember trying to read Patrick Suskind's Das Parfum after seeing the movie adaptation and giving up after 50 pages because everything was exactly the same; no surprises left.
I really don't see how 1000 pages of pollitical/tactical plot twists and ******* could sustain my interest but then the only fantasy I like is punk-rock like Elric. Seeing the gore, sex and stupid shenanigans though makes it really fun, I love that show.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
Don't those of you who are following along in the books as you watch the series get bored?

I remember trying to read Patrick Suskind's Das Parfum after seeing the movie adaptation and giving up after 50 pages because everything was exactly the same; no surprises left.

I remember reading Lolita after watching it and I thought of what a great job Kubrick did. It let you see all the stuff that was going inside the people's heads and then explicitly pointed out certain things that you might have missed in the movie, whereas some parts were more ambiguous.

Lots of fun

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I really don't see how 1000 pages of pollitical/tactical plot twists and ******* could sustain my interest but then the only fantasy I like is punk-rock like Elric. Seeing the gore, sex and stupid shenanigans though makes it really fun, I love that show.
To each his own. Political plot twists are what made the Dune series my most favorite books ever. Of course I'd get into this one heh

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
I remember reading Lolita after watching it and I thought of what a great job Kubrick did. It let you see all the stuff that was going inside the people's heads and then explicitly pointed out certain things that you might have missed in the movie, whereas some parts were more ambiguous.

Lots of fun

I think that most books that are adaptable in movie form are better as movie, this obviously doesn't apply to my mother by Bataille (honorably butchered by HonorÃ
00a9.png
) or similar works.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads