1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Piobaire, Dec 5, 2010.

1. DeSense

DeSense Senior member

GOT's and Penny Dreadful S3's new episodes air at the very same time here. Guess what I watch first.

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

The most interesting turn of events last night was Tommen announcing there would be a trail but not one by combat.

3. VaderDave

VaderDave Senior member

Although it is kind of satisfying to see a character who has been sort of a loser all along stay true to loserish form. Edmure was a broken man in captivity. On a lot of shows it would be expected that he'd stand up once released and spread his wings and over! come! the! odds! to be the hero he all knew he could be, deep inside.

Agree with everything else.

4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I am thinking that the deal between Jaime and Edmure was that Edmure would give up the castle so Jaime could get back to his incest banging, and Jaime would let the Tully army, with weapons and armor, march to Winterfell.

Jaime accomplishes his mission, Edmure gets to help his sister's kids - with all the prattling they did about loving their sisters, that outcome would allow them to help both. Plus if Lady SH is lurking somewhere in Camp Beric, there's the opportunity for a nice little reunion as the Brotherhood and Tullys fill out the anti-Bolton coalition a bit...

5. otc

otc Senior member

I doubt he told Edmure anything about allowing the army to march north. The Tullys were tossing all of their weapons into piles. The Boltons are a Lannister plant. Winterfell was their reward for their orchestration of the Red Wedding and a Lannister always pays his debts...

It is one thing to let Brienne solve your siege for you, even if it means letting the army march north. It may risk your allies (but it also sort of follows your oath to Lady Stark), and it is essentially a costless, risk-free ploy. You aren't giving anything up, if Brienne fails, then your situation hasn't changed. If she succeeds, then you've got your castle, in pristine unsieged condition, you've still got your prisoner, and you haven't made any promises to him.

The army heading north was the price for an easy takeover. Once you are forced to play your only non-combat card and take the castle yourself (and risk that Edmure might just say "fuck you" and stay in the castle), you don't really owe Brienne anything.

6. VaderDave

VaderDave Senior member

If Lady SH is lurking with the BWB, then Beric ought to be dead--although it's easily possible that they're not going to worry about the whole "passing the resurrection" thing from the books.

7. whereeaglesdare

whereeaglesdare Well-Known Member

What about the mountain ripping the head and spine out of a sparrow ?

Dissapointed he didn't get to go to town on the rest of them.

8. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I am really enjoying the Cersei versus High Sparrow drama.

9. Stugotes

Stugotes Senior member

So, the preview for next week teases a huge battle between bastards Jon and Ramsay. Though, as we've learned from past build-ups-to-battles in GoT, this will not be satisfactory in the way that the bad guys finally get what they deserve.

10. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Yes but it looks like the little birds are about to piss in the high sparrows feeder.

11. Stugotes

Stugotes Senior member

Are they? I didn't quite understand what the maester meant.

12. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Who else would they have been referring too? Particularly in the light of the abandonment of trial by combat?

13. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I meant to ask about that. Cersei asked something about whether a certain line of investigation led anywhere and necromancer dude said "oh, yes".

What were they referring to? Did I miss it or did it happen offscreen and will be revealed later? :confused:

14. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

i believe:

he is confirming the rumor that stockpiles of wildfire are sprinkled around King's Landing that Aerys Targaryen put there. Bran's vision show wildfire exploding....so people are connecting the dots. When Jaime was talking to Edmure, he said something along the lines of "Cersei would burn the city to ashes to proctect her children"

15. VaderDave

VaderDave Senior member

Am I the only one that thinks that the Faith Militant would crumble immediately without the High Sparrow? It seems like it's just him and then a bunch of interchangeable low-level sycophants.

16. horndog

horndog Senior member

I keep thinking that Marjorie might try to off the Sparrow or Tommen.

17. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

i have a feeling GOT may have underutilized the actress who played The Waif...

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I assume you mean "underutilize" in the Neo-ian sense of "not cast in enough rape scenes."

19. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

no no no..... maybe some nude incest-y scenes though... :uhoh: :sarcasm:

20. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Cersie gon burn KL and get Tommen killed in the process.