• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They previewed next week's episode and they had Jon leading a charge against some dudes in black so I think he'll be involved in the mutineer battle.

But how the **** did Ghost end up in captivity?? That was a stupid and unnecessary departure from the books and it was highly confusing

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ agreed. the one thing they need to do one episode is make the direwolves go HAM on some fools. maybe it's next week with both Ghost and Summer in the same location

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

he was part of the King's Guard (when the Targaryens were large and in charge) that forced Dany's mom and brother into exile. He was later accepted to be in Robert's Kingsguard. Remember, he was ousted by Joffery in Season 1.

At this point in the books, he is known as Whitebeard to Dany and not Barristan Selmy.

oh, i thought she knew that. maybe i knew that from previous spoliers and forgot that it was not actually in the show.

^ agreed. the one thing they need to do one episode is make the direwolves go HAM on some fools. maybe it's next week with both Ghost and Summer in the same location

would love to see that.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
he was part of the King's Guard (when the Targaryens were large and in charge) that forced Dany's mom and brother into exile. He was later accepted to be in Robert's Kingsguard. Remember, he was ousted by Joffery in Season 1.

At this point in the books, he is known as Whitebeard to Dany and not Barristan Selmy.
"He was part of the King's Guard (when the Targaryens were large and in charge) that forced Dany's mom and brother into exile"???? When did that happen? The only one of the Kingsguard that turned against Aerys was Jaime (and even he had an excuse) and Selmy despised him

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"He was part of the King's Guard (when the Targaryens were large and in charge) that forced Dany's mom and brother into exile"????  When did that happen?  The only one of the Kingsguard that turned against Aerys was Jaime (and even he had an excuse) and Selmy despised him

It's part of the whole backstory that's been written on many websites and blogs regarding the whole series (books and show)

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been a few years since I've read the first few books so sometimes I have I go to those for a little refresher.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just go to here and read the spoilers for refreshers. :)

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

cool!

deets on true identity of selmy?

Yeah, in the book, he is just this random old man hanging out with dany for a long time (sounds kinda pervy when you put it that way).

It isn't until about where the show is now that he reveals who he is...but it is easy to keep that secret in the book, much less so on screen where people would recognize the actor.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Can anyone comment on the contents of this link? It explains who Darth Maul is and is very spoilerish.

http://io9.com/this-accidental-game-of-thrones-spoiler-just-changed-1568796246

I saw those articles claiming the episode spoiled the series, but I don't think that's really the case. Anybody who has watched the show must figure that there is something supremely sinister out there with The Others and anybody who has read the books has seen the
Night's King
mentioned in some of the tales. Even if you didn't see the spoiler on HBOGo but watched the episode, you saw some white walker with a crown of horns able to turn a baby into one of them. It doesn't take GRRM to figure that he must be somebody special.

That still doesn't change the fact that the episode was an awful departure from the books and the typical viewpoints IMO.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Anyone that thinks they've spoiled things has never read the books. I will say though I'm almost wondering if Bran has the same story line in the series vs. the books after last week's ep and how much they are veering away from the books.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All the in-fighting and politicking is starting to get a bit tedious. I welcome darth maul's appearance and the reminder that a greater villain is out there. Plus, they marketed the whole damn show around "winter is coming" and it's about time they get around to it.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

All the in-fighting and politicking is starting to get a bit tedious. I welcome darth maul's appearance and the reminder that a greater villain is out there. Plus, they marketed the whole damn show around "winter is coming" and it's about time they get around to it.

Well that is the tag line of the entire series of novels too.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Anyone that thinks they've spoiled things has never read the books. I will say though I'm almost wondering if Bran has the same story line in the series vs. the books after last week's ep and how much they are veering away from the books.

If the spoiler is that "the night king is coming"...I don't really know if that counts.

I mean...maybe its not even what is happening in the books, but either way, we know the white walkers are coming.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads