• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's pretty well spelled out by a non-pov character. But that character may wish to seem all powerful to his audience so there are general caveats.

If somebody wants to explain it in some spoilers here, I'd greatly appreciate the refresher.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If somebody wants to explain it in some spoilers here, I'd greatly appreciate the refresher.

You sure?
The Jester (Dontos) who approached Sansa at the end of the last episode takes her to Littlefinger who reveals he was the mastermind behind it all. There are more details, but that's the cliffnotes. I'm assuming that will be all explained next week and the actions for doing so will be in the finale.

Last edited:

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You sure?
The Jester (Dontos) who approached Sansa at the end of the last episode takes her to Littlefinger who reveals he was the mastermind behind it all. There are more details, but that's the cliffnotes. I'm assuming that will be all explained next week and the actions for doing so will be in the finale.

Thank you very much. I recall it much more clearly now. The necklace...

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Poor Joffrey, they killed the hero in this series a second time, just as they did Ned Stark. I can't take this emotional abuse.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
'sup

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Who will be left to protect Sansa then?

I think the consistent theme has always been that there is no one to protect Sansa.

Occasionally, there are some who are willing to take her in temporarily, (to further their own plans, generally) as I expect we'll see next week.

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm assuming it was the cake that was poisoned, but I wouldn't be taking that risk were I Tyrion.

And really, it wouldn't prove anything anyway. That ***** is just mad.

I thought it was the pie also. It looked like Joffrey was the only one eating the pie while everyone was sharing out of the same pitcher of wine.

Also, weren't there some dead birds in the pie when he sliced it open? I couldn't really tell but I thought there were dead birds.

Last edited:

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Also, weren't there some dead birds in the pie when he sliced it open? I couldn't really tell but I thought there were dead birds.

It did look like there were some dead birds, but the shot of the inside of the pie was done so poorly (and quick and wobbly), I couldn't tell if they were dead because Joffrey cut them with the sword when he opened it up or if they were supposed to be dead from poison, or if I was supposed to be looking at something else entirely in there.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I loved this scene.

To be fair, even if rumors don't travel to Dorne...he *is* the "Knight of Flowers" which I think makes it pretty dang obvious to everyone but Sansa that he'd be up for some Oberyn action.

What was with his exchange with Jaime? Seemed awkward and threatening when really I would think of it as more of an invitation.
Maybe a spoiler? Just going to mention something that the book did a while ago that didn't happen in the show (and thus if it happens in the future, it would be a spoiler):
In the book, Loras has already joined the kingsguard. This was his request after the battle of the blackwater and was essentially a way to protect his sister from Joffrey as well as keep himself from having to marry so he could be gay in peace.

Clearly, joining the kingsguard would also prevent him from marrying Cersei, but Jaime sure made it sound like he was threatening him to call it off (as if Loras had any say in the matter...he wants it as little as Cersei wants it) when really he should have been proffering the kingsguard as a solution.

actual spoiler:
I suspect he will still join it when Tommen takes the throne.
It isn't incredibly important that he joins it...but there is a lot of text where Jaime is realizing that he will actually make an excellent member of the kingsguard.

I suppose he doesn't actually have to be a member to go lead the attack on dragonstone though. Cersei convinces him to go, hoping that he will be injured....she could easily do the same thing with hopes that he is killed to free her from her marriage.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It did look like there were some dead birds, but the shot of the inside of the pie was done so poorly (and quick and wobbly), I couldn't tell if they were dead because Joffrey cut them with the sword when he opened it up or if they were supposed to be dead from poison, or if I was supposed to be looking at something else entirely in there.

Nah, it was obviously a bird that Joffrey beheaded while cutting the cake. I don't think anyone expected him to go at the cake with a valyrian steel blade...

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nah, it was obviously a bird that Joffrey beheaded while cutting the cake. I don't think anyone expected him to go at the cake with a valyrian steel blade...

Don't you use Valyrian steel to slice food in your own house? I didn't know there was any other way!

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The exchange between Cersei and Brienne was interesting. Does Brienne love Jaime? Well, it would be called "love" in Cersei's cynical world-view, and I think thus the lack of response from Brienne.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I thought it was the pie also. It looked like Joffrey was the only one eating the pie while everyone was sharing out of the same pitcher of wine.

this

he poured the wine out of a pitcher on the table everybody was using.

i guess it could be the cup

but from the book i think it was the wine. i vaguely recall a ring with a openable compartment being used to poison the wine

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

I loved this scene

To be fair, even if rumors don't travel to Dorne...he *is* the "Knight of Flowers" which I think makes it pretty dang obvious to everyone but Sansa that he'd be up for some Oberyn action.

Loras and sis get some pretty good scenes. IMO, best scene in the entire series was Margaery offering up her ass, and/or to get a threesome with Loras going, to get Renly started so they could make an heir.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I loved this scene

Loras and sis get some pretty good scenes. IMO, best scene in the entire series was Margaery offering up her ass, and/or to get a threesome with Loras going, to get Renly started so they could make an heir.

She is a VERY pragmatic woman.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads