1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Piobaire, Dec 5, 2010.

1. scurvyfreedman

scurvyfreedman Distinguished Member

2. chogall

chogall Distinguished Member

Well at least Davos is not dead. I thought they so going to kill Davos...

Ser Barristan has less line/scene than the slave translator or Grey Worm.

I hope they play out Arya's theme better. It must be a very complicated feeling to kill someone for the first time. And it didn't really show.

Not a bad episode but not enough oomph for a season finale IMO.

3. chogall

chogall Distinguished Member

When the little lord (bren?) was telling the ghost story about how someone killed guests in their own houses in deserted barrack(?), I really thought Lord Frey is going to die in this episode. :(

4. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

nah, as soon as he pocketed that letter i knew he was gonna be ok.

the way i view it, since they are splitting the 3rd book, i looked at last weeks episode as the real "season finale" for the first half of book 3, and this week was just a set up for next season when they finish the book. i wasnt expecting a big epic episode like last week. but i was damn sure they were going to end it with dany, and i was not let down.

that would have been nice. le sigh.

5. munchausen

munchausen Distinguished Member

[quote name="chogall" url="/t/212749/official-game-of-thrones-thread/3180

I hope they play out Arya's theme better.  It must be a very complicated feeling to kill someone for the first time.  And it didn't really show.

[/quote]

It wasn't her first. She said her first "man", but she killed the stable boy back in the first season.

Book Arya had already killed two people by this point in the story, but that's neither here nor there.

6. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Distinguished Member

Seanon finalie? What a crock of shit! I have to wait a year before that little cunt Joffrey is offed?

FUBAR

7. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

i'm not too upset about some of the character shortcuts and omissions. there are hundreds of characters and not enough time in a series to pay them all their due. and even if HBO was planning to go 20 seasons with GOT, even the most invested TV audience could get frustrated following all the plotlines.

8. NorCal

NorCal Distinguished Member

you're boned then, queen of dragons? More like queen of pointless durdling

Agree that Arya and the Hound are getting short shrift. Arya has so many great moments and is so fun to root for. . . I don't really understand why they are playing her down.

9. worakl

worakl Senior Member

Lackluster is the word that comes to mind about that finale.

Standout performance was Hodor, both with the echoing well and blushing when Sam said he'd heard all about him.

10. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Distinguished Member

its the HBO (and major network) SOP for the penultimate episode of a major series to be the action packed one. The succeeding season ending episode usually ties up story lines neatly in preparation for the next season in a more calm way. It was that way with The Wire and Sopranos.

The recent trend of superduper cliff hanger season ending episodes was reserved for more campy or less watched shows as a desperate way to cling on to viewership. Although breaking bad has used it effectively as a exception to the rule.

11. munchausen

The guy isn't nearly weird looking enough to match my image of Hodor, but his "giant toddler" persona is dead on.

God if (or should I say when?) they kill Hodor it's going to be devastating.

12. aravenel

aravenel Distinguished Member

You need to spoiler that shit, come on. Book spoilers go in spoiler tags.

13. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i enjoy her quite a bit, yes.

this.

14. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

It was pretty meh for a season finale. I think two really good ways to have ended this season would have been:

1) You see Dondaren fall dead and LS eye's open (cut to black)

or

2) Have the damn wedding and let Joffery die, pandemonium, (fade to black with the noise of said pandemonium carrying through)

The whole Asha story line is changed beyond recognition at this point and that was a pretty big change in the Jon/Ygrette storyline. No Strong Belwas still bums me out. The Dany storyline is painfully plodding. All in all the series has been very well shot and fairly enjoyable but I think they really dropped the ball last night.

15. munchausen

Two murder weddings in a row would have been overkill. The purple wedding is its own episode, probably the end of the first act next season around episode 3 or 4.

Lady Stoneheart should have showed up, though. Should have been the scene from the epilogue.

Like I said earlier, the Arya scene, which the newbies seemed to like, was a disappointment to me. In the book, it was a small moment of triumph. Here it felt sad and tawdry. The Tickler is already dead for some reason, and I don't even remember if Polliver was named in the show, so it would have to be someone else, but she could at least get her damn sword back.