1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Piobaire, Dec 5, 2010.

1. chogall

chogall Distinguished Member

Why doesn’t George RR Martin use twitter? Because he killed all 140 characters. #got

2. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Stylish Dinosaur

lol

3. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

Lefty - Solid point, but none of the other individual characters have what Baylish has, to get that far on their own.

that was the best post in the thread. :)

4. aravenel

aravenel Distinguished Member

GRRM has said several times that he foresees a "bittersweet" ending, so suffice to say, I'm sure it's not just going to be "all the Freys and Lannisters are dead and Jon/Dany is sitting the throne YAYE!"

FWIW, I too think Arya isn't going to survive--I'm wondering if any of the main characters will even ever know she is still alive. I do think she is going to leave a long trail of bodies behind her though.

5. Sotiris

Sotiris Senior Member

Well not to get too nitpicky but in the show, Jamie's line was changed from the book and he told Bolton "tell Robb Stark the Lannisters send their regards". So that's what Bolton said last night. Different from the book, but the change was made weeks ago. I'm indifferent to the change I think.

As for the Freys:
    Bring on Lord Too-Fat-to-Sit-on-a-horse and some Frey pies! Season 6 I guess (maybe 5)

6. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    [VIDEO]![/VIDEO]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013

7. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i wonder what constitutes "bitterweet" in the eyes of GRRM?

and who will kill moar people. dead cat or alive arya? and i wonder if the stark kids that are alive will reunite or not.

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

It's hard to tell. I could still see zombie Jon hooking up with Dany or don't forget Targaryens intermarried so Danny plus Aegon. GRRM also spent a lot of pages getting Bran to start turning into the puppet master behind the weirwood trees so I could see him being the bulwark that defeats the Others when the time comes. He could end everything in a morass but I can see some roads to resolution too.

In the end crops will get planted and babes will be born.

9. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

i can see the remaining/undead Starks becoming a massive powerhouse in the next couple of books. zombie or not-actually-dead Jon (presumably with Rhaegar Targaryen dragon blood as per popular theory) plus unkillable vengeful Catelyn/Thoros, plus über warg Bran, plus ultimate assassin Arya will all be individual forces along with their surviving direwolves. Sansa will prolly come into an army through Tyrion and Rickon is a complete wildcard. finally, isn't their uncle supposed to be Coldhands?

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

No, Coldhands is centuries old (Leaf said so).

11. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Distinguished Member

Fucking Freys.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013

12. Joffrey

Joffrey Stylish Dinosaur

Dude, really? You've read and spoilered the show for yourself now you expect "normal" viewers to think ahead like that? I actually wish I didn't read about the red wedding before hand, the scene didn't do anything for me. I ran into a neighbor a few minutes after the show and while we were both smoking cigarettes we chatted about it for a few minutes. He was totally mind blown. Unfortunately I wasn't.

13. NorCal

NorCal Distinguished Member

Yeah, I wondered that too. It might be the first case of the show acting as a book spoiler.

14. Ataturk

Ataturk Stylish Dinosaur

I am sympathetic to the Freys. They were Robb's biggest and most important ally, and yet the Starks have nothing but contempt for them.

Plus, they killed Cat and that was a huge mercy to anyone who read the books.