• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who knows what final role Brynden will have but he seems to not be too catchable.

The Blackfish is like a medieval Boris the Blade

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah, he is in there having the time of his life with his [unexpectedly] hot frey wife. Has no idea that everything he holds dear is just downstairs being murdered.

well, beats what happened to the rest of his clan.

Jon Snow?  Second tier power?

And of course there is Arya.  That little girl has so much rage in her.  She is going to be the most dangerous (at least 1 on 1), mark my words

sure, they are both great characters with a ton of potential, but neither have armies or bannermen at present. they would not pose a thread to any major house at present imo.

also, im glad they have played up dany in the show. her story is great.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a strange song to play at a wedding. I really wish Cat had said that.

She didn't have to say it, her expression said enough. The show doesn't really need more exposition.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
without reading the books, or wikis and stuff, there is no way any regular show watcher would have any idea what that song meant or its relevance to the show. they should have done something about that imo.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
without reading the books, or wikis and stuff, there is no way any regular show watcher would have any idea what that song meant or its relevance to the show. they should have done something about that imo.

Did Tyrion mention something about the fate of House Castamere last season or was that just in the book?

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cersei had her entire exposition with Marg, and we also learned during Blackwater that it's a Lannister-song. It's not meant for regular show-watchers to go "omg the lannister-song", more like "Okay, that's a weird song for a wedding, and Cat seems to think so to". Then you go back to earlier seasons/episodes and realize it was all right there in front of you.

Last edited:

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I'm surprised I haven't seen the last shot set to the Curb Yr Enthusiasm music yet.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cersei had her entire exposition with Marg, and we also learned during Blackwater that it's a Lannister-song. It's not meant for regular show-watchers to go "omg the lannister-song", more like "Okay, that's a weird song for a wedding, and Cat seems to think so to". Then you go back to earlier seasons/episodes and realize it was all right there in front of you.

its asking a lot of tv watchers to put all that together amidst all that is going on in the show. i think it was a wasted opportunity by them not doing that better. no biggie though.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, definitely. I think it was just supposed to be ominous and weird for a wedding for normal viewers, and yet those who really knew what was coming got it immediately. Well done IMO.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

its asking a lot of tv watchers to put all that together amidst all that is going on in the show. i think it was a wasted opportunity by them not doing that better. no biggie though.

They spoon feed people enough as it is, IMO.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, that may be. nonetheless, the song thing was cool and would have benefited tv viewers if they new what the **** they were listening too lol.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Courtesy of Gothamist, pretty much sums up reactions to last night's episode:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is a lulz fest
https://twitter.com/RedWeddingTears

"I would very much like to meet George RR Martin in a dark ally... Why the hell do you kill off my favorite characters???" How could they possibly be anyone's favorite?

well, beats what happened to the rest of his clan.
sure, they are both great characters with a ton of potential, but neither have armies or bannermen at present. they would not pose a thread to any major house at present imo.

also, im glad they have played up dany in the show. her story is great.

I don't think the iron throne is won with an army. Ultimately, any army is just taking orders and you don't have to get an army of your own to be in a position where you influence the orders that are being given.

They spoon feed people enough as it is, IMO.

The song literally give me the chills when I hear it. Non-readers (and people who don't experience aesthetic chills) may not get that, but many of them certainly recognized the melody and realized something was wrong.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The song at the wedding being played before the slaughter was a telltale sign I thought. It was a very eerie song and I was already suspecting something when Arya saw men marching into the gates, the door closing, etc. I think even without the explanation of the song, everything was put into motion very fluidly. Cat's expression was priceless all the way up to reaching at the sleeve to reveal the chainmail. Though I still had a little doubt because I thought she was reaching out as an act of kindness/emotions, but exactly the same moment when the chainmail was revealed my heart skipped a beat, OH ****!

At least this was my thought not having read spoilers/book at all. :embar: :eek:

Anyways, I could not sleep afterwards because of the intensity and unexpected end scene. Cat's dead expression and pale face sold me.
Having read through the comments now, I think the sewing on of the wolf head would have given me nightmares if done properly or gruesome enough.

Edit:
After the show I immediately started Googling the episode to see the reaction. I read a little bit of the public commentary on the HBO web and was laughing. I understand the connections people make with characters on shows but come on! grow up.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads