1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Piobaire, Dec 5, 2010.

1. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

i added more to the spoiler in case you want to know

1 person likes this.
  2. jarude

jarude Senior member

The series literally opened with a whitewalker killing someone, yawn. Rape scenes and baby torture, now that generates discussion on social media.

After the shock level of the Red Wedding, this show known for its gratuitous everything needs to keep being gratuitous. Nobody cares about a random ranger getting iced, but a baby? Cue the attention.

3. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Have the Walker stab the baby through the heart then fight somebody. I don't know. The books keep the whole Walker menace simmering very low, not sure it needs to be amped up.

4. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

This wasn't so much disturbing as it was distracting. The show desensitized me I guess

I'm surprised that Cersei/Jaime "rape" scene generated the controversy it did. Rape has been going in this show since Drogo doggied Dany. I mean, come on, people. Have we been watching the same show?

5. otc

otc Senior member

It wasn't the rape itself. It was the fact that they changed what was a consensual act in the book to a rape. Total character assassination of Jaime and really no good reason for it. They could aired this week's episode as written with their encounter as just some awkward mourning sex...and it would have played out just fine.

Also...director didn't help matters by saying he didn't think it was rape...

6. Neo_Version 7

I know it was consensual in the books which is why I had the word rape in quotation marks. But there was also a large number of people who hadn't read the books and articles popping up all of the sudden about how the show is obsessed with sexual assault and basically all things rape. The director really dropped the ball that GRRM himself had to issue a statement. Didn't help that the following ep had pretty blatant acts of rape. Timing is nuts

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  7. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Neo, you sure know a lot about rape.

2 people like this.
  8. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Senior member

It's not nice to blame the victim.

9. Neo_Version 7

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Dunno why your panties are all up in a bunch. I thought it was a great episode. A lot of developments. Can't wait to see Locke and Jon Snow kick mutineer ass!

11. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

All I could think about at the end was Pacific Rim

12. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

i really want to see white walker children/toddlers. I bet they're super cute!

4 people like this.
  13. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

Burn Gorman? Quite the different roles...

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

the former was more impressionable

can't take him seriously now

15. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

cool!

deets on true identity of selmy?

16. Ataturk

Ataturk Senior member

But it makes sense. I mean, the wildlings have, ever taken prisoners to get information, nor have they ever been over the wall, so they couldn't possibly know the things they could learn from those mutineers. Right?

17. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Next episode better have some motherfucking coldhands or I'm gonna have to cut a bitch

1 person likes this.
  18. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

he was part of the King's Guard (when the Targaryens were large and in charge) that forced Dany's mom and brother into exile. He was later accepted to be in Robert's Kingsguard. Remember, he was ousted by Joffery in Season 1.

At this point in the books, he is known as Whitebeard to Dany and not Barristan Selmy.

1 person likes this.
  19. gort

gort Senior member

about 85% done the first book on audible. Very good, makes me want to re-watch season 1 to get some refresher on how it differed. Surprised how little they spent on Ned's beheading since it was Arya's POV.

20. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Came in to say this. Maybe Jon will arrive to find the mutineers . . . slaughtered. With Bran, et al nowhere around.