1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Piobaire, Dec 5, 2010.

1. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

[​IMG]

Hound will eat all your chikkins.

4 people like this.
  2. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

You are correct in her not accompanying him to the wedding and unless I am forgetting something, she is barely mentioned after the Rob's death (and I don't think she was pregnant in the book either, although they were trying).

On a related note, I just saw this chart on Slate.com (via Reddit) which tries to show where the books and the show line up and where they don't: How Does the Game of Thrones Series Line Up With the Books?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  3. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

this was a deviation from the books. In the books, he marries Jeyne Westerling and in the show he marries Talisa. In the book, Jeyne is not at the wedding and is eventually pardoned at King's Landing. She really isn't a big player in the future so them deviating from the book with killing off Talisa isn't/wasn't a huge deal

4. otc

otc Senior member

There were a lot of book theories about his wife that were pretty much all invalidated when they made her a different character and then killed her.

5. in stitches

in stitches Senior member

based on those numbers it certainly makes sense for manses crew to be the victor. i was just saying that in that scene where the thenns snuck up on them, everyone seemed to have the reaction of, oh crap i hope we dont get killed now.

presumably, based on the info you guys have provided, the thenns would not be looking to provoke manse by killing some of his crew for no reason, so i guess they were just asserting their bad-ass-ness by making everyones wiener shrivel a little.

6. scurvyfreedman

scurvyfreedman Senior member

Jeyne Westerling only has value if she is with child. While Jaime noted her narrow hips and Catelyn had previously noted her hips comfortable for childbearing, it's possible Jaime only met her sister. If she isn't pregnant, and it would be highly unlikely given her mother's precautions, she is just a widow. Robb's will is in the Neck with several of his banner men - and Howland Reed. His succession (likely Jon Snow) is contained therein. If Jon is legitimized and made Lord of Winterfell and King in the North by Robb it makes everything a little more complicated especially if R+L=J.

7. scurvyfreedman

GRRM has said several times that he warned D&D not to kill certain characters because they have future plot value and are very important. We just don't know who those are. Mayhaps Dany's bloodriders, one of the Tyrell brothers who has been ignored, or who knows who else.

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

If R+L=J then there's nothing to legitimize.

9. in stitches

in stitches Senior member

R+L=J will become a phrase for the ages, if it hasn't already.

1 person likes this.
  10. scurvyfreedman

Only if T polygamy is recognized and they were married. Otherwise he's just a bastard of a different euphemistic surname.

11. scurvyfreedman

double post

12. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

No he's still a bastard. Remember that Rhaegar was already married.

13. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Yes, I also thought of this and GRRM's close involvement with HBO. So probably no harm no foul

14. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I don't know about everyone else, but I would love to see some flashbacks of the Mad King doing crazy shit.

3 people like this.
  15. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Senior member

They never said whether or not she was preggo but I assumed she was. HER mother made her drink moon tea to appease the Lannisters. She was never really mentioned again

16. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Senior member

Along with incest Targaryens believed in multiple marriages as well

1 person likes this.
  17. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Did not know/remember the other marriage. Why did I think he was planning to marry her for some reason?

18. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

It the trailer for next week, it looks like Bronn is practicing with Jaime on swordplay. I can't wait to hear that dialogue.

1 person likes this.
  19. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Those two are hands down :)rimshot:) the funniest in the show.

20. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I still hate the dyed hair. Wish they would dye lannister hair more blonde and dye their eyebrows too. The show keeps making reference to lannister hair and makes me :fu: