1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Piobaire, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

Arya is easily my favorite character in the series - both on the show and in the books.

As the books progress, her plot line gets better and better. And the teaser chapter of the new book that Martin just posted starts with one of her new faces. I would enjoy a season of nothing but her!

Lord Oberyn could be a cool character but he shows up too late and gets killed off too quickly.

I'll agree with the others who said that the kid who plays Joffrey might be the best actor in the series. I cannot remember ever seeing a character in a TV show that I instantly hated so fiercely. I did however enjoy the statue of him that showed up in last nights episode. That made me lol.

1 person likes this.
  2. otc

otc Senior member

That statue was hilarious. Probably couldn't actually kill a wild boar all by himself either...

3. rolling green

rolling green Senior member

+1000

I don't see how it was boring, for a first episode of a season they touched a lot of stories. Also the scene where Tywin is melting Ned's sword was so painful and awesome at the same time. Felt like I was watching "how it's made"
    Acting has improved too, Jon Snow's scene was great, definitely stepping up with the bigger role. Arya, joff, were great and Oberyn was played perfectly

4. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I'm afraid I will be Sansa.

Ooohhh, I'm Arya!

5. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

6. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I enjoyed that very brief scene of the meeting of the old Tyrell woman and Brienne. This was the first time I've seen the matriarch impressed upon meeting someone.

7. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Diana Rigg is killing it in every scene

8. otc

otc Senior member

Don't think you need to spoiler that.

She really was impressed...although I can't remember if I am missing something. Who was left believing that Brienne killed Renly? Margaery didn't seem to bear her any ill will. Would her father (Mace) have been someone who thought that she killed Renly and ran off with Cat?

9. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

yeah, she has been kind of a wuss, mostly talk, but the very satisfied look on her face when she killed that dude with the needle seemed to imply an impending change.

WHAT!?!?! who kills him, and when/why/how?

10. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Senior member

The changes from the book seemed minor yet they greatly influenced/changed character motivations.

11. gort

gort Senior member

Why did they change the actor for the guy who Daenerys will probably end up banging?

12. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

don't you like to be surprised?

13. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

The mountain. After Joffrey gets murdered, Tyrion is charged and Oberyn agrees to be his champion in a trial by battle, in order to get revenge against the Mountain. He also poisons the Mountain during the fight and kills him, but then Qyburn uses his unholy science/magic to turn him into a frankenstein.

14. Michigan Planner

In the books, it seems like Brienne was always her own harshest critic and felt guilty that Renly died on her watch. She takes honor and duty so seriously that it's like she'll never forgive herself.

The Mountain ends him in a trial by combat. That's probably one of the storylines I am most looking forward to for this season.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  15. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

The other guy was too pretty. This guy is handsome but looks like he could be an actual mercenary.

2 people like this.
  16. Michigan Planner

I was wondering if I was imagining something. It seemed like a pretty drastic change of character but sometimes I get the folks on the HBO version confused so I thought maybe I was mis-remembering something.

17. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

In the books, I really like where Arya's character is developing, but it really takes too fucking long. Like, x3 times longer than I think it should be. This is a good opportunity for the show to cut through all the bullshit and get her to the finished product quicker.

Also, Oberyn was bisexual?? I must have missed that

18. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

I'm glad I wasn't the only one confused by the casting change

19. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

not really. :)

most excellent. thanks!

20. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

LOL, took it three times, each time changed the answers a bit, but each time I got Daenerys. Pretty sure it has to do with the answer about pets. Basically says I am ruthless but I have a nicer side as evidenced by my pets.

My pets that incinerate people and then eat them.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    2 people like this.