• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fir3fox

Reaction score
I think the girl that does the Feed on Attack of the Show dressed up as Khaleesi for ComicCon, wasn't bad.

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Or Daario or Whitebeard or although you probably don't look like him nor could you pull it off Strong Belwas.

To be fair, now I want to start dating a short girl so I can do the Khaleesi/ Drogo thing. My current GF is the same height as me - 5'10.

Perhaps she could go as the Red 'rapey' Witch, but it's much less iconic

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To be fair, now I want to start dating a short girl so I can do the Khaleesi/ Drogo thing. My current GF is the same height as me - 5'10.
Perhaps she could go as the Red 'rapey' Witch, but it's much less iconic

You probably need to be 6'5" to be a true Drogo. There are a lot of truly huge characters. The Mountain is 7'+. Ser Duncan the Tall is nearly 7'. The Hound is 6'6." Hodor is 7'. The Greatjon and the Smalljon Umber are both 6'8" and Greatjon's Uncles Whoresbane and Crowsfood are just a bit smaller.

It's tough for a smaller person to be anyone iconic from the books. Most of their faces aren't terribly distinctive (except the Hound's facial scarring and missing ear), Daario's beard, the hair of the Mereenese and Ghiscari leaders, the various missing eyes and hands. Otherwise it's mostly eye color and hair color described of most of the characters. The rest is costume and up to your imagination.

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You probably need to be 6'5" to be a true Drogo. There are a lot of truly huge characters. The Mountain is 7'+. Ser Duncan the Tall is nearly 7'. The Hound is 6'6." Hodor is 7'. The Greatjon and the Smalljon Umber are both 6'8" and Greatjon's Uncles Whoresbane and Crowsfood are just a bit smaller.
It's tough for a smaller person to be anyone iconic from the books. Most of their faces aren't terribly distinctive (except the Hound's facial scarring and missing ear), Daario's beard, the hair of the Mereenese and Ghiscari leaders, the various missing eyes and hands. Otherwise it's mostly eye color and hair color described of most of the characters. The rest is costume and up to your imagination.

Yes I think you're right!

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just going to be a 5'6" Drogo and be done with it (GF is 5'1").

I've got the body otherwise for it. Haters gonna hate.

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm just going to be a 5'6" Drogo and be done with it (GF is 5'1").
I've got the body otherwise for it. Haters gonna hate.

If you're pretty built then that's going to work too. It's a great Halloween idea.

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And it lends itself to some nice roleplay when you get home. Just learn dothraki.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"Don't feel sorry for him, he'll be half-way up your ass before the night's through." :rotflmao:

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Omg this woman is amazing.
I find Usher and her weird tilty headness quite silly at times in GOT, but the actress there is quite hot in a scruffy boho kind of way.
"Don't feel sorry for him, he'll be half-way up your ass before the night's through." :rotflmao:
Hehe yeah, great line from Bronn. I liked the look of their pre-war knees ups!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads