1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Piobaire, Dec 5, 2010.

1. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

I'm glad they didn't write Shireen and Selyse out of the show.

I agree with what people are saying. A very action packed episode with a number of nice character moments.

2. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

I'm glad HBO didn't show Brienne naked.

1 person likes this.
  3. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

4. gort

gort Senior member

Yeaaa Jon Snow finally got some honey on his stinger.:embar::embar:

5. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

Meh... Last night's episode was a bit of a let down compared to the previous two for me, although it was still good. I think the last two were just so good that it's hard to compete.

Friday I began listening to the first book while I run (I had never tried audiobooks while running and I seem to actually like it) and I am about a third of the way through it already. Even though the HBO series is already a few seasons in and I've only listened to a bit of the first book, it really seems to have helped me pick up on little things that I missed or forgot in the show. I'm getting a much better understanding of the non-main TV characters and what houses they belong to by listening to the book. On the show, so many of the characters who are not Starks or Lannisters look and sound so much alike and you only see them for a few minutes at a time that it's hard for me to keep them straight.

6. Kai

Kai Senior member

I really liked last night's episode.

I thought they did a great job of making Jaime more sympathetic.

Ygritte is hot.

The Hound kicks ass.

7. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Also really enjoyed last night's episode. Jaime's monologue was fantastic, they really did that well.

8. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Senior member

ROFLMAO!!!!

2 people like this.
  9. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

I wish they'd have included his line about "Of all the things I've done, killing Aerys was the best" or however it went. He admits he's done some shit, but he gets judged by everyone for doing something essentially noble. And, something everyone else was on the same side of. Ned was a rebel, had sworn an oath to the king, then held Jaime to a higher standard (on a higher order oath, of course).

10. scurvyfreedman

scurvyfreedman Senior member

Ned didn't swear an oath. He was never Lord of Winterfell and Lord Paramount of the North until King Aerys killed Lord Rickard and Brandon, making him Lord. His House had sworn itself to the Targaryen dynasty. But, his father fulfilled that oath when he presented himself to King Aerys after Brandon was making threats against the Crown Prince. Oaths always have two sides. And when Aerys cooked Lord Rickard alive in his armor, it seems to me that Aerys broke any pact between the houses.

Now, Lord Jon Arryn and Lord Robert Baratheon, I'm not sure King Aerys did anything to breach their oaths.

11. chogall

chogall Senior member

Finally some by nudities in the episode. And yigrette is hot. The end of the episode is another strong twist. Damn.

12. javyn

javyn Senior member

She has a nice butt, but seems rather broken-faced to me.

13. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

She's meant to be pretty ugly in the books. 'dem small perky boobs though <3

14. otc

otc Senior member

I think she's got a quite nice face.

Other than the red hair, she doesn't really fit the books, but I'm ok with HBO making her hot.

15. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

She's TV ugly, not ugly ugly. Like Mary Ann on Gilligan's Island.

16. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Strong face but not ugly, IMO. Will probably age well too I bet.

[​IMG]

17. javyn

javyn Senior member

Wow she looks about a thousand times better in that pic versus the show. And I'm not saying I'd throw her out of bed or anything, just don't get what big deal is about her. I'd be drooling over Roz (Season 1, before she got fat), or the woman Bronn was with before the battle of Blackwater when the Hound tried starting shit with him. Hot damn.

18. otc

otc Senior member

They scruffy her up a bit like all of the dirty wildlings.

I'd hit it way harder than Margaery

19. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

20. otc

otc Senior member

:redx:

edit: must be checking referrers...once I copy and paste the image URL, it works.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013