• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also, book three will get two season, and rightly so.

So it ends with the Red Wedding? I wonder if they'll be able to keep that as much a secret for the non-book readers as the Stark beheading in S1?

lefty

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably in the 9th episode, as they've done in the first two seasons.

I'm really looking forward to them having more time to flesh out the stories of the third book, there's so much they haven't touched upon yet.

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quaithe seems logical, or her drinking that purple stuff somewhere else.

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not keen on reading ahead with the GOT books, but would reading book 2 be of benefit without adding too many spoilers for season 3 of the series?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^

Why watch something before reading the book? No matter how good the production is I'd rather have my interpretation of a world then someone else's.

Hopscotching the books and TV would be confusing and frustrating as hell. Read the books straight through. You need a continuous read if you have a hope in hell of keeping up with the characters and plot lines.

lefty

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Good question Lefty. My answer is that film is my preferred medium, I'm very visual as opposed to a reader of fiction. I prefer non fiction for reading in general.

My idea with reading the book afterwards is to flesh out the characters further. I wouldn't want to read the books straight through as that would spoil the anticipation of the next 6 or 7 years of series :)

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IMO was a great episode. I didn't have a problem with HotU, but I didn't have a problem with how they shot Blackwater either. The only thing I'd have changed was to bring Ramsay in sooner, I'm chomping at the bit to see who plays that character.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm not keen on reading ahead with the GOT books, but would reading book 2 be of benefit without adding too many spoilers for season 3 of the series?

Season 2 covered practically everything from Book 2. Shouldn't spoil much at all from Season 3, especially since they're going off the reservation with a number of the plot lines.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I get a lot of the plot changes, but I'm really not understanding two in particular:
Where they're going with Jon's plot, and how it could possibly be better.

The stupid, stupid changes to Robb getting married. GAHHH. Talking it over and pondering it, then doing it anyway while simultaneously saying he doesn't care about how Ned would have done things completely changes his character. He just looks like a douche instead of someone trying to be a good king and an honorable man.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Well it's not like it'll come back to hurt him or anything.

lefty

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought the box set since S1 and still have not read anything.

I love this show though, best thing I've seen or ever will?

The Walking Dead was good too and can't wait for S3...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics