1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Piobaire, Dec 5, 2010.

1. otc

otc Senior member

How about just keep spreading them further and further apart until they hang out of her armpits?

2. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

3. Kai

Kai Senior member

I'm wondering if they will include Strong Belwas as a character.

4. redcaimen

redcaimen Senior member

Not even the best midget character, Harvey.

[​IMG]

5. scurvyfreedman

scurvyfreedman Senior member

Varys and Littlefinger are both great actors, but they really stuff way too much Littlefinger into the show. Varys and Littlefinger are good characters b/c of the mystery that surrounds them, not because they're on every page.

Jaime and Brienne should be in a lot of scenes this year.

6. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  7. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

If it's anything like the battle at the end of Season 2 with 30 or so actors, I'll pass. They completely screwed that one up.

1 person likes this.
  8. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Yeah, they have been showing Littlefinger a little too much lately although I don't get quite the same feeling with Varys (and I just finished re-watching S1 & S2). One of my favourite scenes in the entire series is Varys and Ned in the dungeon pretty much just talking. He literally is my favourite character.

"Storms come and go, the big fish eat the little fish, and I keep on paddling."

9. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I've never seen the point of showing massive battlescenes and destruction when the vast majority of it would be CG. I much prefer their less is more approach.

10. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

I'm happy with the less is more approach, but when something is meant to be a huge battle with thousands of people on either side, it's a bit shit to cut it down to a few dozen people. Either cut those scenes out or do them properly, don't half arse them.

1 person likes this.
  11. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Oh sorry, I didn't realize I was in the minority who would bone her until next week

Everyone must have a supermodel gf except for me

12. otc

otc Senior member

oh, I'd hit it. I'd just buy her a different dress or a bra or something

13. otc

otc Senior member

oh, I'd hit it. I'd just buy her a different dress or a bra or something

14. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

yeah, Neo's sister is a 1 on the binary scale.

15. gort

gort Senior member

I thought there was a separate book thread?

16. otc

otc Senior member

It has proven too complicated (besides, this discussion isn't about the future books, its about how the show relates to the books).

I am pretty sure the operating assumption in here is that anything that has aired is fine to put in your post; anything that hasn't aired gets a spoiler.
    If you haven't watched the episode yet, don't click the thread; if you haven't read the books yet, don't click the spoilers.

If you're like stitches and don't care, then read it all.

17. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Agree about Littlefinger. It's kind of an adaptation problem. The way the book is written, you see that everyone underestimates Littlefinger. You get that he's shifty and intelligent, but you really don't even get an inkling of what his game is until after Joffrey's murder, and when you do it has a lot more impact than it would if he had been skulking through every scene making his "hatching a plot" face.

Similar with Selmy. Selmy isn't important enough to the show for it to have the impact that it should.

It was a good episode, though. I hope we get some Arya and the Brotherhood in the next episode. Maybe even some Thoros and Beric

18. scurvyfreedman

scurvyfreedman Senior member

Ser Barristan

I expect Ser Barristan to serve as the omnipotent narrator of past plot to Danaerys. There's so much untold about Robert's Rebellion in the show- Lyanna and Rhaegar, the tourney at Harenahll (which should also be told from Jojen's perspective to Bran), Mad King Aerys killing the Lord and Brandon Stark, Ned not wanting Dany killed, etc. that only Barristan can tell her and the viewer. I really hope they build that all into the show, because otherwise there's a lot missing. I would like his story told about how he saved the Mad King in the War of the Ninepenny Kings as well just as proof that he's loyal to the throne and the Targaryaen throne as needed, but it's less integral.

I had wished the Old Bear had wistfully hoped for Ser Barristan to arrive at the wall; Stannis to have wished Ser Barristan would join him; and perhaps even Catelyn to wish to Robb that Barristan would join him. It would make his character that much more desirable for Dany and the viewers. I have to admit I wondered about him the entire book through ACOK and totally was fooled by the Arstan Whitebeard at the same time. I felt like Butterbumps when it was all revealed.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  19. gort

gort Senior member

Gotcha. No more spoiler clicking for me then!

20. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Tonight's episode was plodding.

They're providing Robb's wife with far too much screentime. The chat b/w Sansa and Lady Olanna could have been handled in about 2 minutes.

I'm glad Thoros has finally appeared, along with the Hound's reappearance. :slayer: