***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NewYorkIslander, Dec 7, 2010.

1. James Patterson

James Patterson Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for the reply. No way im throwing the suit away!! Im actually wearing it to Wedding in August..

The suit is still at Franco's place so we're still working on it... today was the 1st fitting, then I took it off, and he said come back next Saturday..

I'll retake photo's for you guys then.. the main thing is that lapel roll.. we need to fix that.. I think it got screwed up or flattenend when Ian shipped it cross country..

2. etostano

etostano Senior member

The suit is cotton, right? So it will never drape as well as wool but the biggest thing it looked like it needed was a press (especially for the lapel, which you and Frank both know). I was in the shop at the end of your fitting today - in person I thought it looked like it fit pretty well. Slimmer than most on this forum would prefer, but I think you know and intend that.

3. James Patterson

hey man that was you? you had the navy blue suit on with the side tabs right? I noticed your suit didnt have belt loops. Did Frank make that for you? It was very nice

4. etostano

etostano Senior member

Yeah thanks, that was MTM by Frank. I forgot to bring my braces in for the fitting - no way those trousers would stay up in real life without them!

5. James Patterson

Yours was a beautiful suit. I'm such a dummy, for the price of Kiton, I could have had Franco make me a much nicer suit like yours. You live and you learn I guess?

6. James Patterson

hey all updating this thread.. got my suit back today.. spent the morning at Francos and getting to know his father who is originally from Calabria and was telling me about it.. hes a very kind soul. I wish I couldve spent more time hanging with him he reminded me of my grandfather...

anyway the suits all done.. i took some photos when i got home which is why im wearing a t shirt.. as you can see the hand stiched button holes are functional and very detailful. we added a piece of fabric behind the lapel for my wedding boutonierre. also we pressed the 3-2 roll just right and now the jacket looks perfect IMO just wish my shoulder werent so big, my body is a bit disproportioned.

anyway, i could not be happier. i highly recommend Franco Ercole's shop in Dyker Heights brooklyn and if you like Greek food stop around the corner at Meze one of the best restaurants in the city.

IMG_0214.JPG

IMG_0213.JPG

IMG_0215.JPG

IMG_0216.JPG

IMG_0217.JPG

IMG_0218.JPG

7. magneticnoogie

magneticnoogie New Member

Does anyone from Ercole still visit this thread? I am looking to get some information.