• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This may be a silly question, but does it matter if one goes to the Brooklyn vs Manhattan shop? Will Mr. Ercole be there to measure? I know there are more cloths to browse in the BK shop, but I will be bringing my own cloth for this commission.

TIA,

DL-

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The benefit of going to Brooklyn is there are a lot of bolts of cloth to look at on the wall. If you use those cloths most of them will be much cheaper than selecting from books. Depending on who is there either Frank or Ercole will measure you. I have had both of them draft me patterns with similar results. I'd recommend working directly with Frank if you're requesting something out of their norm.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Frank can also do quick adjustments in Brooklyn while you wait. It is a consideration if you are short on time.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Poorsod,

Good to know, I am actually outside of the city so being able to stop and have something looked at/adjusted real time could be great.

Booth,

Thank you for the info I will keep that in mind. For my first piece I am planning to keep is somewhat simple with a SB, Navy Fresco suit. I do want to have buggy lining (unlined). My terminology may be wrong, but essentially having just the sleeves and shoulders lined. This will be my first visit/measurement so I will likely go to the Manhattan shop since I will have the cloth for this piece.

Thanks again.

DL-

gopherblue

Reaction score
I'd be sure to ask Frank about buggy-lined Fresco. If it's the standard Minnis Fresco, you can pretty much see right through it.

And if you go to Bay Ridge, you can get some amazing food in the neighborhood.

PASstudy

Reaction score
Had another fitting for the wedding suit. Its coming along great, fits really well. Latest visit was for pants and the vest.

Most of the pics I took of me in the mirror came out all blurry so I've posted just a couple. The pants felt snug w/o being tight, and are not their final length yet (pics now high quality enough to show the chalk marks). I got side tabs plus brace buttons.

plus one of the jacket/vest on the mannequin. Not my tie, that beauty is part of the shop's decor. Here it's easier to make out the chalk on the sleeves. Buttons and other finishing touches not done yet.

The finish is in sight. Very excited.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just an FYI, Frank is now making all of the bespoke shirts himself. They are coming out beautifully. When I get my latest shipment of 100% Frank shirts I'll post a couppla pics.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When did Frank start doing handmade buttonholes for shirts?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't know if you're joking or not, but if it were buttoned on my neck and not on my kitchen counter it wouldn't be.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Shirt and Tie Yellow Hook
Suit Franco Ercoles
Shoes Carmina x Epaulet

yosef777

Reaction score
I have been using Ercole for about two years and they have completed a variety of items for me from suits, jackets to overcoats. All of the work has been very good in terms of quality and service but as of this past January or so things have taken a considerable downturn in terms of service. I have had similar (un helpful) responses from both of Jeremy's replacements when I inquire as to what is going on with my orders. (This maybe attributed to their young age and lack of interest/knowledge of the sartorial matters but it is inexcusable IMO.) When I am in Manhattan my items are left in Brooklyn, when I am in Brooklyn things are left in Manhattan. When I email and text to inquire/confirm for appointments I get no response unless I follow up (and even then it does not not always occur). When I call, I get apologies and obstruction from his assistant and I usually have to call back instead receiving a return phone call as promised. I feel like I am responsible for keeping track of my orders or else they would be lost. I have used several other traveling tailors and although they are slower (understandably as they only visit every few months) at least they are professional in regards to there customer service. I have spoken to Frank and I hope he addresses the issues but I am not confident it will happen and therefore am going think twice before I patronize him as a tailor again.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads