1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NewYorkIslander, Dec 7, 2010.

1. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

Do you recommend one location over the other?

2. WillingToLearn

WillingToLearn Senior member

Brooklyn if you can, Manhattan is sporadic appearances by Frank and seems to be higher "lost in translation"/logistics issues.

3. DavidLane

DavidLane Senior member

Cross post from Unfunded Liabilities...

Thanks to Frank and Ercole for teaming up on this piece. To say I am excited would be a gross understatement.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Best, DL

2 people like this.
  4. etostano

etostano Senior member

Thought I'd chime in here as I've just picked up my most recent order (MTM overcoat, ordered in Brooklyn). I've had a few different orders over the past few years and wanted to give some context on how customer service (at least in Brooklyn i.e. not through Scott) has evolved over time. Long story short - the beginning of last year was a low and things are now back to running pretty smoothly.

From when I started seeing Frank until around the end of 2014, Jeremy who worked in the shop was incredibly proactive in terms of communication between visits and in the shop was able to advise on and take orders himself (for existing patterns; he was neither a fitter nor cutter). When Jeremy left, whoever he hired was ... less helpful than having no one, I think. Anyway, that person was gone after about a month and her replacement is much better at reaching out between appointments. Until the middle of last year I had to stay on top of orders and reach out proactively to see if things were ready and if I should make appointments to come in, but since the fall communication from the shop has been much better and I'm comfortable again not having to worry about my orders and just responding when they email me. My impression from talking with Frank is that there have been some changes to the process to smooth things for Manhattan customers as well, but those I can't speak to.

In the Jeremy era he kept things organized enough that I was able to alternate appointments between the two locations based on my schedule, but going forward I will be sticking with Brooklyn in the hopes of keeping things reliable.

1 person likes this.
  5. PASstudy

PASstudy Senior member

Finally got the pics back from my wedding. Ercole bespoke 3-pc sharkskin. I loved it, wife loved it and hopefully I will have many more opportunities to wear it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Have always had decent Customer Service though I will agree Jeremy was fantastic. Have not visited since Dec 2015 and it was getting better back then.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
    2 people like this.
  6. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

Looks awesome!

1 person likes this.
  7. redroute1

redroute1 Member

Hi long time lurker who finally joined. Looking for full bespoke suit--made in USA. I like what I have heard about Reeves, Ercole, St. Laurie and Alan David. Can anyone gives some thoughts/guidance. Another that i'm missing.

8. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

Allan David is not bespoke. Reeves is expensive for a first timer. Ercole is probably a better bet for your first commission. Never heard of SL.

9. redroute1

redroute1 Member

Thanks. I know Allan David isnt bespoke, but my understanding is that the suits are made in Brooklyn not by the person taking the measurements.

10. DavidLane

DavidLane Senior member

+ 1 on Ercole. If you can I recommend the Brooklyn Shop.

DL-

11. David Reeves

David Reeves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Yeah but I don't miss.

12. PASstudy

PASstudy Senior member

The Brooklyn location of Ercole is great. Lots of selection for those in the know, and they walk you through the details and explain the process if you're uninitiated (like I was). Bespoke will nto be cheap, but they are a good price point and great work for a first foray into the world. I never felt pressure to buy when dealing with Frank & co., even in the beginning. I will say you should stay on top of them to keep things running, as the process can drag on if you are too passive.

Good luck!

13. redroute1

redroute1 Member

I'm not a first timer. From what I see work wise Reeves is a stand out in NYC amongst the group. I have an Italian master tailor close by to me--that is over 5-k for a full bespoke (Umberto Pitagora). He travels the world and does bespoke. I think him and Reeves are in the same class. I don't necessarily need that, but I was curious about the other guys since they are discussed a lot here.