1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NewYorkIslander, Dec 7, 2010.

1. forex

forex Well-Known Member

Agree, this is an unpadded shoulder done well.

How do you know that it is unpadded?

2. banis

banis Well-Known Member

Frank had some pretty bad burns from an accident a few weeks ago. He's ok, and even was able to finish a suit for me...glad he's doing better...here are some new shots of the linen coat:

[​IMG]
    http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/i...T/IMG_2838.jpg
    and the arm:
    http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/i...T/IMG_2839.jpg

Frank scolded me for posting pics that weren't up to his standards...lol

I think that patch pockets are too highly placed from the hem and look awkward. It may be better either to shorten a coat or to move (recut?) new pockets.

3. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

I think that patch pockets are too highly placed from the hem and look awkward. It may be better either to shorten a coat or to move (recut?) new pockets.

I agree but I think they are too small not so much placed too high.

4. romafan

romafan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Is that your Napoli sciarpa? [​IMG]

5. banis

banis Well-Known Member

I agree but I think they are too small not so much placed too high.
    If it is small, then just a little bit. I would also like them being a bit differently shaped - smaller at the top and looking more like 'U'.
    For me the placing kills it more than size and shape.

6. edmorel

If it is small, then just a little bit. I would also like them being a bit differently shaped - smaller at the top and looking more like 'U'.
    For me the placing kills it more than size and shape.

they are about 1/2 too small, 1/2 inch too high.

7. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

FWIW I did ask them to be lowered a touch, but Frank showed me how they are EXACTLY on my hip, so I decided to keep them as is.

I also put a couple of pieces from last summer up in B&S, I just don't wear em as much as I should, and would like to take the funds to use for something I'd wear more often...

8. NewYorkIslander

Is that your Napoli sciarpa? [​IMG]

City, think it was the day we beat Utd.

9. taxgenius

taxgenius Well-Known Member

Anybody ever use these guys for alterations? Are they good at diagnosing a fitting issue?

10. scruff

scruff Well-Known Member

Anybody ever use these guys for alterations? Are they good at diagnosing a fitting issue?

Yes and yes. It's a shame that I'm moving to SF in a few weeks - I was looking fwd to using Frank > Cardelino as my alterations tailor.

11. srivats

srivats Well-Known Member

That linen jacket looks lovely Rob.

12. taxgenius

Yes and yes. It's a shame that I'm moving to SF in a few weeks - I was looking fwd to using Frank > Cardelino as my alterations tailor.

Thanks! Good luck in SF. I will give 'em a try in Brooklyn.

13. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

used frank for alterations in brooklyn. expensive and sloppy work in my opinion.

14. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

nyr - I think the pockets are in the right place, but I think the reason they look off is that the jacket seems slightly long by approximately 3/4's of an inch or an inch.

also, the sleeves look slightly long as well, by about half an inch to 3/4's of an inch.

15. taxgenius

used frank for alterations in brooklyn. expensive and sloppy work in my opinion.

Crap. I was going to use him. What was your issue? Do you think he's good at diagnosing what needs to be corrected (putting aside his actual work).

16. NewYorkIslander

nyr - I think the pockets are in the right place, but I think the reason they look off is that the jacket seems slightly long by approximately 3/4's of an inch or an inch.

also, the sleeves look slightly long as well, by about half an inch to 3/4's of an inch.

I'm wearing the jacket agan today, will post pics...with the tee underneath it may not seem to fit right. Lets see later. I think SF has a fascination with lower ticket pockets (I blame vox, I think he started it)...

Crap. I was going to use him. What was your issue? Do you think he's good at diagnosing what needs to be corrected (putting aside his actual work).

I know, before I was a bespoke client, I went to him for alterations...thought he did great, a few things that needed to be tweaked, he does so I wouldn't hesitate to use him for alterations, especially if he's convenient.

17. NewYorkIslander

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All Garments made in NYC, Shirt, Pants, Jacket Ercoles, Tie - Panta

18. edmorel

Wow, what an amazing tie!!![​IMG] Imagine how good it would look ig you knew how to tie a knot !

19. NewYorkIslander

Wow, what an amazing tie!!![​IMG] Imagine how good it would look ig you knew how to tie a knot !

LOL

20. quar

quar Well-Known Member

NYR, I like everything except the shoes. Seems you are trying to channel the iammatt signature posture, but it seems a little unnatural to me. Is there any reason your arms are held pronated in almost every photograph you take? Reminds me of pigeon-toed PG in 2009.