1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NewYorkIslander, Dec 7, 2010.

1. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

That's strange, Frank never have me any pushback on any of those things.

2. Knowledge is King

Knowledge is King Senior Member

Yeah I was sort of shocked too since I had seen all of your photos, Rob's photos, forex's photos....

I didn't know what to make of it but the most recent pics of MKarim and jacksonvillian are the style he was trying to guide me towards

3. DLJr

DLJr TWAT Master.

Actually your post was the reason I didn't bring up a 3 roll 2 at all. I deferred to him on a lot of little details that I didn't particularly care about, then I just brought up the barchetta pocket as a question, and he seemed happy to do it and excited I asked. He went in to why he avoids some neapolitan touches but brought up the dimples in the shoulders specifically; I just kind of read in a bit of disappointment that he doesn't get to do it given the context and tone of the conversation, and I could have been mistaken. The only thing where there was any real back and forth was over a 1/4" on the cuffs of the pants, and I didn't push very hard at all and said I would defer to him, which ended up being to go with my request. In general he seemed very accommodating; though my requests were more questions than requests and seemed to end up with him pulling jackets he was working on from the back to see what I preferred and what he thought would work on me. That said, I didn't go in with a certain fit I wanted him to copy, we just had a conversation about what he likes to do, what he thinks would work best for me, and some things I'm drawn to and if they would or wouldn't work for me. He seemed very easy going outside of the cuffs.

4. Knowledge is King

Knowledge is King Senior Member

Sounds like you had a good give and take conversation that you can build on. Frank was easy going with me too and I hope i'm not giving the impression of anything otherwise. I did go in with a very general configuration in mind (3 roll 2 with soft shoulder and wider, straight cut lapels) and I guess he just wanted to do something different (for what seemed like non aesthetic reasons). I think deferring to the tailor is a smart thing to do in many cases, but for me, this didnt seem like one of those cases.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012

5. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Stylish Dinosaur

6. forex

forex Distinguished Member

I never mentioned I wanted 3 roll 2, I asked him for a 3 button coat. I just never button the top button, at the end, I asked him to roll the lapel just under the third button. It is more 3 roll 2.5, I don't know why people get 3 roll 2 and don't like it.
    You are probably better off to go with a regular shoulder Frank makes if you have sloped shoulders, his neopolitan jacket accentuates sloped shoulders, I actually regret I asked for it. If you have very squared shoulders, you may give it a try.
    If you have any questions, feel free to pm.

7. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

My Al Capone coat...so heavy, its bulletproof. Fabric is from 1936.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Distinguished Member

Jeez, that looks nice (. . . and warm).

9. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Stylish Dinosaur

10. anginaprinzmetal

anginaprinzmetal Distinguished Member

not a fan of the color, but damn that thing looks seriously warm... and heavy as hell...

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012

11. mrbrioni

mrbrioni Senior Member

12. JayJay

JayJay Stylish Dinosaur

Yeah, the coat looks really good. The coat will be perfect for NYR's walks to work this winter.

13. patrickBOOTH

The girlfriend just sent me another pic of this suit, so I guess I throw it up here.
    [​IMG]

14. Slickman

Slickman Distinguished Member

^ Brooklyn spalla camicia?

15. patrickBOOTH

I don't know what Brooklyn spalla camicia is.