1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NewYorkIslander, Dec 7, 2010.

1. DLJr

DLJr Senior member

The search feature on facebook will take you to the right one. There isn't much up on his facebook though.

2. ddgdl

ddgdl Well-Known Member

3. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

ftfy

4. ddgdl

ddgdl Well-Known Member

Duly noted.

5. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

From that Tumblr... Bespoke Baller Baby:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
    2 people like this.
  6. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

This is awesome.

7. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

8. jacksonvillian

jacksonvillian Active Member

9. FlaneurNYC

FlaneurNYC Senior member

Lucky kid!

You're welcome.

I have some relatives who live not too far from Jacksonville, FL and I think they'd get a kick out of your screen name.

10. lordsuperb

lordsuperb Senior member

Hey guys I just got measured for my first suit. Is there anything I should be aware of when I do the first fitting?

11. ddgdl

ddgdl Well-Known Member

Frank is pretty good about catching fit issues, but it still can't hurt to learn as much as you can from the Tailor's thread so you have an opinion on fit yourself when you try it on the first time.

12. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yes, shut up and let the tailor do his job! First fitting is for the tailor, not you to screw up.

13. forex

forex Senior member

^^Sometimes the tailor screws up too, I know that.

14. patrickBOOTH

And sometimes people get cancer. Sometimes people get into car accidents. Sometimes people slip and fall...

15. forex

forex Senior member

The point is, there is more chance for a fuck up with bespoke . If you don't know how the garment should fit, you shouldn't go for bespoke.

16. patrickBOOTH

The problem is customers think they know more than tailors and tailor's fuck ups are actually the customers. I think if people want to be giving so much input into bespoke they should make their own suits.

If "you" don't know how a garment should fit you shouldn't go for bespoke? This makes no sense to me. You're going to a tailor because they know how a garment should fit.

1 person likes this.
  17. forex

forex Senior member

A tailor may know how it should fit but it's one thing to know and another thing to actually deliver it. Tailors try to sell their stuff, they have to make money too and some will take advantage of noobs. So, if you can't spot some of the issues, you maybe taken advantage of and unles you are paying top dollars to a tailor who is ready to recut if you are not satisfied, there is more room for a fuck up if you are new to custom clothing. And then there are some tailors who can't fix the issue even if you can pin point them. I know, I've used couple of them.

18. Slickman

Slickman Senior member

+1 the whole point of bespoke is to be fitted by a professional, however having some knowledge can help you settle on a solid tailor

19. comrade

comrade Senior member

It also helps that one likes the tailor's "house Style" A garment could well fit perfectly but not really relect the client's
    taste. I have had only had two bespoke projects, one in Spain and one in South America. years ago. Both were unsuccesful, not
    beause they didn't fit properly. But because they reflected the then local taste. In both instances I wanted them to copy
    my Ivy trad Brooks Brothers jacket style. What I got was an "interpretation". I've seen examples of of the work of
    some of the favored bespoke tailors in Style Forum, at least one of whom I would never consider because my
    taste does not conform to their "house style"

20. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

I'm not completely disagreeing with Forex, but I think the internet may be the worst thing for bespoke tailors, cause now everyone is an expert. And an anonymous expert at that.

1 person likes this.