***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NewYorkIslander, Dec 7, 2010.

1. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  2. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Looks like he's sewing one of yours.

3. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

[​IMG] Amber Heard is gay?

4. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

Nice that they got a write-up, but it doesn't tell us anything about the degree of hand-sewing that goes into their work. One-off, bespoke suits are typically "handmade," in the sense they are handled by human workers and not put together on an automated assembly line.

5. ljrcustom

ljrcustom Senior member

thanks for sharing the article with us.

-LR

6. kcc

kcc Senior member

Good stuff NYR. Wish the article provided a more in-depth explanation of his preferred style and client services.

What's his price range for summer trousher cotton fabrics?

7. LesterSnodgrass

LesterSnodgrass Senior member

Nice that they got a write-up, but it doesn't tell us anything about the degree of hand-sewing that goes into their work. One-off, bespoke suits are typically "handmade," in the sense they are handled by human workers and not put together on an automated assembly line.

It's the Daily News -- a tabloid. Degree of hand-sewing? Don't be an imbecile.

8. NewYorkIslander

Looks like he's sewing one of yours.

Thats the Hardy fabric I'm wearing today.

[​IMG] Amber Heard is gay?

lol

I think the fact that they tell you typically a bespoke suit by machine takes 12 hours and theirs take 72 that it was clear its almost all hand work...maybe I'm reading it wrongly.

Good stuff NYR. Wish the article provided a more in-depth explanation of his preferred style and client services.

What's his price range for summer trousher cotton fabrics?

For the Daily News this is about as in depth as they'll get, right Matt (M.Brosi trousers...lol)? His summer pants are not much cheaper (if at all) than his wool pants. I'd say ~$300.

9. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

I think the fact that they tell you typically a bespoke suit by machine takes 12 hours and theirs take 72 that it was clear its almost all hand work...maybe I'm reading it wrongly.

If they are putting as much hand-sewing into a suit as one one typically pays multiples more for coming from Italy, London, or other New York tailors, it would be a miracle.

10. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

I enjoyed the article...almost as much as the collage of A-list celebs that are Jews, like me. [​IMG]

Mike

11. NewYorkIslander

If they are putting as much hand-sewing into a suit as one one typically pays multiples more for coming from Italy, London, or other New York tailors, it would be a miracle.

I'm generally a believer in "you pay for what you get", but this is a case where he has had a very local customer base for a very long time. Dyker is not a wealthy neighborhood like the UES and is populated with many immigrants (Italian and Orthodox Jewish-Borough Park, right next door) and first generation middle class folk (and has for 70 years) so that while prices on SR, Naples and NYC have been driven through the roof, Ercoles' has risen far more modestly. The clientele is not nearly as exclusive as those guys, but thats not what they are after. Believe me, Frank and his dad do very well, but they're not after the celebrity that many SR tailors and the more famous Italian counterparts are after. He didn't seek out this promotion, it found him.

12. NewYorkIslander

I enjoyed the article...almost as much as the collage of A-list celebs that are Jews, like me. [​IMG]

Mike

Happy Channukah man! Great thing about marrying a Jewish girl is that we celebrate EVERYTHING! Nothing like a tray of sloppies and smokies on a cold December morning, with bagels.lox and c/c.

13. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Happy Channukah man! Great thing about marrying a Jewish girl is that we celebrate EVERYTHING! Nothing like a tray of sloppies and smokies on a cold December morning, with bagels.lox and c/c.

There you go!

Mike

14. BH1

BH1 Active Member

His summer pants are not much cheaper (if at all) than his wool pants. I'd say ~$300.

That's what they charged me for CMT on a pair of trousers. Either you're getting a discount, or they don't like me.

15. NewYorkIslander

That's what they charged me for CMT on a pair of trousers. Either you're getting a discount, or they don't like me.
    Nope, thats what I pay (have a Christmas pair ready now as a matter of fact). Last time I had cotton trousers done was two summers ago.