1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Filson Thread - Clothing/Bags Etc

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by randomkoreandude, Sep 30, 2009.

1. altemp

altemp Senior member

Plan on picking up a 256... What colour would likely go best with black/dark brown jackets? Different sites and pictures seem to give different indications of what the colour really looks like. And is Crane's with the 15% off coupon the cheapest option to Canada?

2. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

^^at first before reading i was really trying to figure out how you had such a perfect denim bleed spot on the FRONT of your bag. haha but that thing looks sick broken in. especially the leather snap handle!

yeah you seriously can't beat cranes prices period

3. Dick Danger

Dick Danger Senior member

Is that the Jean Shop x Filson?

No, that's the Dick Danger x Filson. I actually use my shit.

4. Stax

Stax Senior member

About two years on this one:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. laughter95

laughter95 Senior member

except that forum'er who informed us that ebags is having bing cashback + 15 bucks? off which makes the bag cheaper by 20 bucks compared to cranes (right now, anyway)

6. randomkoreandude

the ebags 20% off doesnt apply to filson. but bing is offering the 30% cashback.

i asked cranes if i could use the SF discount plus the black friday and of course answer is no. so right now, ebags may be the best place to kop.

tying to get a small field bag in tan dedicated for my dslr camera use

7. selbsttatig

selbsttatig Senior member

Does anyone think it would be possible to dye one of these without ruining the leather?

8. randomkoreandude

so purchased my filson small field bag in tan for my camera this morning

from ebags at $155 plus free shipping through bing with 30% cashback (46.50)

my total was only 108.50 plust i paid through bill me later with 90 day no interest payment [​IMG]

so yeah!

9. JGP.

JGP. Senior member

Would it be a good idea to put obenaufs on my leather straps and parts on my 257? Or do they come already coated/prepared for hard wear?

10. randomkoreandude

Would it be a good idea to put obenaufs on my leather straps and parts on my 257? Or do they come already coated/prepared for hard wear?

i did. i dont think obenaufs ever hurts. but its annoying not because its hard not go get it on the fabric. but if you do, light soapy water with toothbrush/rag gets it out

11. JO3B

JO3B Senior member

aren't you just gonna sell that bag in a couple of months because you can't wear it as a law student?

12. randomkoreandude

aren't you just gonna sell that bag in a couple of months because you can't wear it as a law student?

hah very funny but its ok since its my camera bag which will outlast my time in school

13. torontolaker

torontolaker Senior member

anyone got pictures of the Filson small duffle? I'm considering it for daily purposes. I hope it's really really soft and not rigid in form and bulky.

14. Teger

Teger Senior member

hah very funny but its ok since its my camera bag which will outlast my time in school

I wore aldens to a frat party last night. you just need to rock your shit (within reason) and fuck the world

15. zazaza

zazaza Senior member

can anyone who has a mackinaw cruiser or double mackinaw give their impressions?
    is the double significantly warmer?
    how does either compare to a standard pea coat?

i'm looking for something to keep warm in a new england winter. walks in the woods, shoveling snow, driving around, going out at night, etc.

any insight is appreciated

16. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

I've got a mac cruiser in black size 40. It keeps me warm enough as long as I wear a hat, gloves and the right socks. One must remember it does not matter how good a coat is if you fail to dress properly. The double is downright hot. It has to be pretty cold if you want to wear it while being active.

17. zazaza

zazaza Senior member

I've got a mac cruiser in black size 40. It keeps me warm enough as long as I wear a hat, gloves and the right socks. One must remember it does not matter how good a coat is if you fail to dress properly. The double is downright hot. It has to be pretty cold if you want to wear it while being active.

thanks very much for the info. neither is lined, correct?
    is the cruiser good in say, 10 degrees with a below zero wind chill?
    i'm just wondering if the crusier will be warm enough on its own (with layers underneath, hat, gloves, etc)

is the crusier at all form fitting or is it "boxy"? worried about wind blowing in

thanks again

18. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

thanks very much for the info. neither is lined, correct?
    is the cruiser good in say, 10 degrees with a below zero wind chill?
    i'm just wondering if the crusier will be warm enough on its own (with layers underneath, hat, gloves, etc)

is the crusier at all form fitting or is it "boxy"? worried about wind blowing in

thanks again

Yes it is warm enough. It's a bit boxy but it is long enough to keep most of the wind out. If you layer then wind is not an issue. I wear mine deer hunting in 15 degree temps and stay warm.

19. torontolaker

torontolaker Senior member

i cannot believe nobody has the small duffle by Filson and answer my question.[​IMG]

20. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

i cannot believe nobody has the small duffle by Filson and answer my question.[​IMG]

It's not really really soft and it's not rigid either. What it will do is soften up as you use it. It's made of 22 ounce waxed twill and bridle leather. It's some of the toughest soft luggage you will ever find.

An alternate would be the small duffel in wool. They are nice nut nowhere near as durable as the waxed twill stuff. Pictures of both can be found on my site.