1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Filson Thread - Clothing/Bags Etc

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by randomkoreandude, Sep 30, 2009.

1. dahl5yankees

dahl5yankees Senior member

2. FENWAY

FENWAY Senior member

Nice, like the Scout in that make up. I grabbed the Gray Dial Scout and this Journeyman
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  3. Americanaaa

Americanaaa Senior member

What would be the best jacket for throwing on in 30f weather with just a tshirt on? seems like everywhere I go people blast the heat and I'd rather not layer.

also, are filson vests good for wearing under motorcycle leather? I want to ride through the winter but am unsure how to layer for this as it will be my first time winter riding.

4. broken_oracle

broken_oracle Senior member

I'd vote for the Mackinaw wool cruiser on your first question. Comfortable across a surprisingly broad temperature range, and the pocketing is super useful for stashing hat, gloves, scarf etc.

On the second point I'd wager a Mackinaw vest would be perfect under motorcycle leather. I wear one under a Carhartt Detroit Duck jacket when working outdoors during particularly cold weather & it gets the job done without binding or feeling overstuffed in the jacket.

1 person likes this.
  5. animefans

animefans New Member

I recently bought a filson oil/wax tin cloth jacket off auction, and I see darken areas (not spots/dots) in various parts of the jacket
    • sleeves
    • cuffs
    • bottom
    Surprisingly, back of the jacket doesn't have much, if at all, of these darken areas
    This is my first time handling a waxed garment, so no idea what I should expect
    Are these darken area simply wax that have not wear out yet?
    Overall feel of the jacket is not "waxy", so I can't tell if the wax wear out already
    It certainly does not look waxy to me (no sheen or oily)

Thanks!

6. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

Those sound like high wear areas to me.

7. animefans

animefans New Member

here are some pics i took
    for some reason, the picture come out brighter than expected
    As long as they are not dirt, I am a happy camper!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. dahl5yankees

dahl5yankees Senior member

9. broken_oracle

broken_oracle Senior member

25% off site-wide at https://lodgegoods.com/, including a bunch of Filson bags & luggage. Free shipping to CONUS as well!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  10. Bertone

Bertone New Member

Hi, if you're based in the UK or EU and after a Filson watch it's worth checking out the UK TKMaxx site. They have a Journeyman (£256) and a Scout (£192) model on sale just now. They originally had the Journey man at £399 which is too much but at this price surely worth a punt?

11. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

I like how they took their own pictures of the products.

Eh, I think the money can be better spent on other brands that dedicate themselves to watches.

12. FENWAY

FENWAY Senior member

Looking for a heavy tin bag if anyone has a lead.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  13. Tweedboy

Tweedboy Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bought both of these in the sales recently. Love them both. The navy is kind of close fitting and suitable for a night out and the plaid looser and great over a t shirt. As always, great quality