• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Filson Thread - Clothing/Bags Etc

muzach

Reaction score
For those in the Seattle or Vancouver area, Filson opened an outlet store a couple month ago, in Burlington. I went there over the weekend, and it's pretty great. After talking to the salespeople, I learned that this store is a huge policy shift. What they sell is deeply discounted factory seconds and used items, which until now were only available at the yearly friends and family sale in Seattle. They had a rack outside with $20 pants and shorts, and the prices inside were up to 60% off. I picked up a Ballard coat for $235. These are normally $395. A few months ago I bought a 256 bag. Here, I saw a used one for $70, instead of $215. For anyone in the area, this is well worth checking out.

herrmj

Reaction score
For those in the Seattle or Vancouver area, Filson opened an outlet store a couple month ago, in Burlington. I went there over the weekend, and it's pretty great. After talking to the salespeople, I learned that this store is a huge policy shift. What they sell is deeply discounted factory seconds and used items, which until now were only available at the yearly friends and family sale in Seattle. They had a rack outside with $20 pants and shorts, and the prices inside were up to 60% off. I picked up a Ballard coat for $235. These are normally $395. A few months ago I bought a 256 bag. Here, I saw a used one for $70, instead of $215. For anyone in the area, this is well worth checking out.
+1
Worth the trip - some great deals there. What used to surface at the annual friends and family now goes to the outlet store.

zackwool

Reaction score
256 vs 240. the 256 get's a ton of love on here, but I can't find much about the 240. The set up is a bit different, but the dimension are similar. I'm carrying an 11" MB Air along with other smaller stuff so size-wise both would work. Just wondering what others think of the 240 as I can't go compare them in-person.
Thanks

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will be posting a vintage pair of Whipcord pants that are new with tags
on Ebay tomorrow night at 8pm CST. Size is 40 waist and unhemmed.

more details on streetwear/denim classifieds

converge

Reaction score

What is the preferred weekender bag? The small duffel looks too small and the medium too big. The medium travel bag looks interesting as does the sportsman. Any recommendations?

I use the medium travel bag as an overnight and weekend bag. It's about as deep as the medium duffle but not as long. So it's kind of in between the small and medium duffle. It also has the advantage of having outside pockets on each side.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i use the sportsman bag. i like the multiple pockets and options for dividers. the medium duffle is huge and would look ridiculous on my small frmae

stewartu

Reaction score
Baker shoe has the 256 on sale. Also an extra promo code "twitter" that is supposed to get $12 buck off, no tax, and free shipping. $178 all in.

Last edited:

stewartu

Reaction score

256 vs 240. the 256 get's a ton of love on here, but I can't find much about the 240. The set up is a bit different, but the dimension are similar. I'm carrying an 11" MB Air along with other smaller stuff so size-wise both would work. Just wondering what others think of the 240 as I can't go compare them in-person.
Thanks

I have the 240 and the 256. I use the 256 as an everyday briefcase. The 240 is my go to travel carryon, usually as the small second personal item that airlines allow. I like both bags alot. The 240 has no interior divider (it would be beneficial) so keep that in mind. They are both similar in size with the 240 a tad more spacious in shape. The 240 would be a great everyday carry if the lack of interior compartmentalization is not an issue.

krout45

Reaction score
I'm looking for the Filson Sawtooth in XL. Anyone know where to get one? I've checked the obvious places (Filson, Levi's, Google search) and I don't have any luck.

blakhart

Reaction score
Would the 257 be a good choice for a macbook pro 13" and say a text book or two?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics