1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Filson Thread - Clothing/Bags Etc

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by randomkoreandude, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Bought an Oregon Trail Jacket as a birthday present to myself earlier this month.

My only qualms with it is that I would have preferred a built-in hood that hid in the collar rather than a buttoned hood (hood not included). I also wish there was a zipper in addition to the buttons on the front of the jacket.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Otherwise I think I am going to enjoy the jacket. Originally I was looking for a field jacket, but I think this almost fits the bill. I plan on using it as my travel jacket as well as something to use during the spring and fall.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

So I ordered a Weekender to see if it would fit me better than my Field Jacket. I checked the box when ordering from the website that said they could use a recycled box if one were available. I paid the $23.50 for three day shipping. When looking at the Tracking on FedEx.com I could see that the entire package just sat for full day so that they could wait until the third day to deliver it instead of just delivering it on the second day. When I got home from work tonight I picked up the package on my front door. The jacket didn't come in a box at all, but rather one of those plastic FedEx envelopes. The package has a giant tear on the side. I haven't actually had the time to open the item up yet, but when I do I'll take pics of the item in the packaging before I open the package. That way if the item is in anyway messed up, I'll have the proof I need to make my case.

I think I'd be much less upset if I hadn't had to pay such an outrageous shipping cost. Hell for $12 the Post Office will "give" me a box big enough to ship the jacket and they would've had it to me in 2 days.

3. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

that dog coat is awesome. gotta get two for my boys

4. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

In my experience with Fedex they usually deliver it early if they can get it there early. UPS never delivers before the scheduled date and sometimes after

5. converge

converge Senior member

256 and 258 now available in Navy:

[​IMG]

6. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Nice. I would consider selling my otter green 256 to get one of those.

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

:fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

8. rpiotr01

rpiotr01 Well-Known Member

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but apparently Filson has re-introduced their hunting boots and they're back to being made in the USA. It's a welcome development, just wonder who is making boots for them.

9. DC Office Hack

DC Office Hack Senior member

I'm betting wolverine. Looks like their stuff.

10. Hornswaggler

Hornswaggler Well-Known Member

I picked one of these up from Hilton's Tent City (15% off with a promo code they aren't shy about sharing with you on their site). People have been fussing on the Filson site about it being a little slim-fitting, which was music to my ears.

For those who might be curious, here's what it looks like in the flesh wool:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This is a 36; I'm usually a 36 and this seems to me to be a fairly generous fit. But with a sweater it works, and it seems perfect for layering a vest underneath, so I'm not sure I should have any tailoring done.

Anyone want to talk me into taking it to the tailor? The sleeves are a little long and it pooches out slightly in the lower back.

(Please also note these are my first-ever fit pics. SO IT BEGINS.)

Oh, and in a little bit of serendipity:

[​IMG]

I got No. 16 of the No. 16. FILSCEPTION.

1 person likes this.
  11. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

Weinbrenner used to make most of the Filson boots before they moved to the DR. Doubt Wolverine once they came back to the US, no offense but they aren't even close on quality for real field use. On one of the hunting BB someone recently mentioned that his new Filson boots had a stamp inside that said made in the Appalachian hills of Pa. which brings up several possibilities. Not sure if his were old (pre DR) or new.

12. Kwaker

Kwaker Senior member

@hornswaggler ... cruiser looks good on ya

13. lyxicon

lyxicon Well-Known Member

Is the Filson x Levis tucker the only slim fitting jacket Filson makes? It seems like Filson has nothing that fits a tall skinny build.

14. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

The weekender jacket fits reasonably slim. If you're 6'6" 150 lbs, it's not gonna fit, but if you're 6'2" 190 lbs. it would probably be a good fit.

15. Dorje

Dorje Senior member

I got my wool greenwood jacket tailored, the body and arm holes were HUGE! So that's one option... cost me $45 and it came out great.

16. roots1976

roots1976 Active Member

Filson used to customize, if asked for. Not sure they still offer this service, though...

17. 100 yrs

100 yrs Senior member

drove up to the filson outlet in burlington, wa the other weekend. definitely worth a stop if you're in the seattle area. although, the burlington outlets overall are pretty underwhelming. the filson spot is a far cry from the retail stores which are really nice, the outlet store is bare bones but has some great deals. my fiance bought for $50 a waxed cotton jacket that is basically the weekender with an attached hood. they also have a "vintage" corner with some used stuff.

18. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Whoa that is cool! Next time I am visiting my family in the area I will definitely have to make a stop there. Thanks for the knowledge.

19. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

select filson bags on gilt

also red label exclusive briefcases at affiliate need supply

20. herrmj

herrmj Senior member

Lined up a vintage filson pullman in green from the burlington outlet last weekend on the way home from friday harbor. It's been on my wish list for some time, and when I saw it at the store for $150 it was game over.
    Next trip we will pack in style!