• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Filson Thread - Clothing/Bags Etc

gannonyu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
got my filson japan red label this morning and surprised at the difference between the apolis x filson bag. i LOVE it. i was afraid both would be same/similar color but there is enough of a difference that i dont have two of the same bag. the tote is surprisingly roomy and large without looking too big and def large enough to not be too effeminate ...

Both of them look amazing! I'm still disappointed I wasn't quick enough to get the navy tote. Unfortunately UO won't be restocking them
ffffuuuu.gif

If anyone decides to let theirs go, please let me know!!

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gannonyu
Both of them look amazing! I'm still disappointed I wasn't quick enough to get the navy tote. Unfortunately UO won't be restocking them
ffffuuuu.gif
If anyone decides to let theirs go, please let me know!!

yeah thanks ... i heard they only had access to a dozen total for all of the three colorways in both styles. you can still get them but have to find a proxy from japan
eh.gif
edit: also evidence is shown from any other limited collab item UO had access to. always single runs and very limited numbers. case in point were the filson x uo bags in the navy duffle and the white zipped tote. came in, gone in like 1-2 weeks, never ever came back ... much to my dismay. would have loved the navy/blue triple threat of all filson collabs haha

LUBE UP

Reaction score
Does the Filson #262 Rucksack comfortably hold a 15" Macbook Pro in a sleeve? Also where would be the cheapest place online to get it that ships international? <3

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a dark green wool filson mackinaw in size 42 but need a 40. This is used but in perfect condition. Anyone with a 40 need to trade for larger size?

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have recommendations for Filson jackets (or similar brands) that are a little more lightweight?

I really like the look of the waxed westlake jacket, but it's just way too heavy for southern california. I'd never wear it.

hymo

Reaction score
I have had a very bad shopping experience with Crane Country Store. I ordered a Filson 220 which they processed on 30th June. On 7th July I sent them a email asking for the tracking code. No reply. A few days after this I called the store and they said it should arrive the middle of the following week. At the end of that week, on 11th July the bag has not arrived. I asked them once more by email for the tracking code. No reply. On July 15th I remarked in an email that I still have not received the bag. No reply. Yesterday, I wrote to them "Can I please have the tracking code? The bag is still not here. I hope insurance was bought for this (no Flat Rate box)." No reply.

I am now in the process of disputing the charge they made to my credit card.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good thing you bought that up. I was just about to pull the trigger but I decided to email them and wait a day. I need a bag by the 27th... I might just order direct from Filson.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have had a very bad shopping experience with Crane Country Store. I ordered a Filson 220 which they processed on 30th June. On 7th July I sent them a email asking for the tracking code. No reply. A few days after this I called the store and they said it should arrive the middle of the following week. At the end of that week, on 11th July the bag has not arrived. I asked them once more by email for the tracking code. No reply. On July 15th I remarked in an email that I still have not received the bag. No reply. Yesterday, I wrote to them "Can I please have the tracking code? The bag is still not here. I hope insurance was bought for this (no Flat Rate box)." No reply.

i have had several experiences with cranes and they have always been great. i would recommend not emailing though since they are always busy and probably dont have someone dedicated to checking emails.

just deal with them over the phone. i feel like you should have learned to not use email over and over again when they are not replying. regardless though, they must be swamped or having an off day/week or something. try calling again and tell them its been long overdue. i am sure they will make it right with you.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You know what? I can put up with bitching but an outright lie I won't put up with.

Your credit card was never charged. We run the card when we are packing the item in a box and are printing out the shipping label. THAT has always been are policy.

JMK

Reaction score
Crane's missed a chance to take the high road here. I wouldn't refer to it as "bitching", and it would have been better to just explain what's happening / why it's not true.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crane's missed a chance to take the high road here. I wouldn't refer to it as "bitching", and it would have been better to just explain what's happening / why it's not true.

Lodging a complaint is one thing. Cross posting it in multiple threads is another and I call that bad mouthing or bitching. Add in an out right lie and you can kiss PC or playing nicey nicey good bye.

S-Town

Reaction score
Well, if the dude claims his card was charged and it wasn't, that's not cool. I've shopped with Crane's both over the phone and in store, and they've always been great. I'm pretty sure they have troubles at times with getting product from Filson in a timely manner.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, if the dude claims his card was charged and it wasn't, that's not cool. I've shopped with Crane's both over the phone and in store, and they've always been great. I'm pretty sure they have troubles at times with getting product from Filson in a timely manner.

Yep we've had nothing but trouble for well over a year now. We have no idea what the problem is and our inquiries yield no response from them. They used to fulfill stock orders in two days which was cool. We have pending orders that go back 4 months now with no status updates.

JMK

Reaction score
I like Cranes as well, I would've handled it different is all. Fair enough.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads