Official Filson Thread - Clothing/Bags Etc

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by randomkoreandude, Sep 30, 2009.

1. srivats

srivats Senior member

Anything that holds a 17" MBP?

The behemoth 17" macbook pro dimensions are about 15.5"x10.5"x1". It may barely fit in the 257 (center compartment) without a sleeve, but I do not recommend a filson if you own a 17" macbook.

2. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

Filson 256 with a 15" macbook and a couple of folders and small accesories: [​IMG]
    i own this and use daily for my mbp with a sleeve and works great. unless you have a bunch of stuff, like lots of papers/thick book, it does really well

3. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

The behemoth 17" macbook pro dimensions are about 15.5"x10.5"x1". It may barely fit in the 257 (center compartment) without a sleeve, but I do not recommend a filson if you own a 17" macbook.

You know your shit. What do you recommend?

4. bananananana

bananananana In Time Out

fwiw i put a 17" hp laptop in my 258 with no problem along with notebooks and other crap. No sleeve, i figure the padding in the bag is good enough.

5. srivats

srivats Senior member

You know your shit. What do you recommend?

What's your budget? And what kind of a bag are you looking for? Filson-like or the usual laptop bag style?

6. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

What's your budget? And what kind of a bag are you looking for? Filson-like or the usual laptop bag style?

Filson, $300-$500, closer to 3.

7. dcg

dcg Senior member

Great post above showing the differences in sizes between the bags. Worth noting, I think, that IMO both the 257 and 258 appear smaller IRL than in the pics above - the 258 because of the perspective, and the 257 because it's being worn by a borderline midget.

8. srivats

srivats Senior member

Filson, $300-$500, closer to 3.

The 258 is definitely out:
    The filson rucksack will probably work for you. So will the Filson passage saddleback (nylon fabric, and not made in USA). Not sure if you want the backpack style though.

9. srivats

srivats Senior member

Great prices on Filson luggage (and free shipping) on this website -- wish I had seen this before:

http://www.hanksclothing.com/Luggage-and-Travel.html

They have the 256 for $168 and the 256 for $208, drop shipped directly from Filson. Those are the lowest prices I have seen for these items.

10. moryanzi

moryanzi New Member

hello all, i want to order a Filson Tin Cruiser on website, but still cant decide the size.

i am 180cm and 73KG, should I order a 38 or 40? thank you.

11. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

hello all, i want to order a Filson Tin Cruiser on website, but still cant decide the size.

i am 180cm and 73KG, should I order a 38 or 40? thank you.

xs or small

12. broken_oracle

broken_oracle Senior member

I have not worn a Filson Tin Cruiser, but I do have a double mackinaw cruiser, size 40. I'm about 185cm & 77kg (6'1"-2"/170lbs) and this fits well. Room enough to layer beneath if needed, without feeling too loose if worn over just one shirt.

As for tin cloth, the tin packer hat I have did shrink substantially after a long hot summer of Louisiana rainstorms & sun, so that might be something to take into consideration. The shrinkage was enough I'm thinking of buying a replacement one size up & selling the old one secondhand; it's just too tight now to wear comfortably. Apart from that one issue the hat is superb & indestructible - It got crushed under several hundred pounds of rusty fire escape landing stock for most of an afternoon & emerged unscathed...

Has anyone else had issues with significant tin cloth shrinkage after heavy exposure to rain &/or sun?

13. moryanzi

moryanzi New Member

I have not worn a Filson Tin Cruiser, but I do have a double mackinaw cruiser, size 40. I'm about 185cm & 77kg (6'1"-2"/170lbs) and this fits well. Room enough to layer beneath if needed, without feeling too loose if worn over just one shirt.

As for tin cloth, the tin packer hat I have did shrink substantially after a long hot summer of Louisiana rainstorms & sun, so that might be something to take into consideration. The shrinkage was enough I'm thinking of buying a replacement one size up & selling the old one secondhand; it's just too tight now to wear comfortably. Apart from that one issue the hat is superb & indestructible - It got crushed under several hundred pounds of rusty fire escape landing stock for most of an afternoon & emerged unscathed...

Has anyone else had issues with significant tin cloth shrinkage after heavy exposure to rain &/or sun?

xs or small
    thank you very much, so i think 38 will be a good choice.

14. broken_oracle

broken_oracle Senior member

Most of this is still crazy overpriced or things like sunglasses & socks I would never bother to buy from them anyway. But a few of the shirts look like relative bargains, as do the raincoat, women's logger jacket, & bomber jacket. Most notably the all-season raincoat is marked down to $180 from about $300, just cuz they're discontinuing that blue color. Yesterday four different styles of Red Wing boots were also included, though today they've mysteriously disappeared.

http://www.filson.com/collections/web-specials/-cc15/

15. kapli

kapli Member

I'm looking to buy the filson small duffle bag (220) in dark brown, but it is sold out everywhere and on backorder until mid April, does anyone know where I can get a hold of one? I'm considering the tan one as they have in stock but I must say I like the dark brown one better.