1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Filson Thread - Clothing/Bags Etc

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by randomkoreandude, Sep 30, 2009.

1. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

2. mbrokerny

mbrokerny Senior member

3. ma1

ma1 Senior member

Does anyone know the difference between the Filson #1441N Cover Cloth Field Jacket and the Filson #1440N Foul Weather Jacket. Ive compared the 2 and cannot figure out much difference.

one lacks chest pockets, one has six snaps on the front instead of five so it's longer, one's missing the throat tab, one has a zip in liner the other doesnt

4. mbrokerny

mbrokerny Senior member

one lacks chest pockets, one has six snaps on the front instead of five so it's longer, one's missing the throat tab, one has a zip in liner the other doesnt

Man good eye with the snaps. I got the throat tab and the pockets. Did you see anywhere specifically that it comes with the liner or are you guessing from the pic?

"Compatible with the optional Zip-in Outfitter Vest/Liner. "

5. colins

colins Senior member

Anyway, Hilton's Tent City is currently having a massive Filson sale so you can be one step closer to the manliness of your dreams. They've got everything short of a Filson dog coat (oh wait never mind) 24.5% off until the end of the month as long as you use coupon code "FILM101510".

Take note [​IMG]

6. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

Does anyone have an opinion (especially regarding materials and sizing) regarding the Single Tin Oil Finish Pants?

[​IMG]

Yea, the oil finish likely makes them a mess to wear "casually". I ordered the dry finish single tin pants, but never got them. Looks dope.

Speaking of which, anyone got links to good Filson retailers excluding Cranes and the Filson site?

7. bbhewee

bbhewee Senior member

Managed to get hold of a small carry-on in otter green at a steep discount because it had been left in the display window and had faded... Turns out I absolutely love the faded color!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. mbrokerny

mbrokerny Senior member

Managed to get hold of a small carry-on in otter green at a steep discount because it had been left in the display window and had faded... Turns out I absolutely love the faded color!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats a great bag, which model # is it?

9. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

I have a Filson 256 and would like to get the handgrip installed. Can I order the part from Filson and have a local leather/luggage guy install it or do I have to ship the bag back for a mfr install?

10. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Yea, the oil finish likely makes them a mess to wear "casually". I ordered the dry finish single tin pants, but never got them. Looks dope. Speaking of which, anyone got links to good Filson retailers excluding Cranes and the Filson site?
    Hilton's Tent City in Boston. Offering a discount through the end of October (says 24.5%, but seems to vary): FILM101510 Notably, they're also selling off NOS (non-Filson, but def cool) stuff. See Commerce with a Conscience

11. the_state

the_state Senior member

the sale isn't really 25% off. its a 15% discount on top of their stock prices which are 10% or so lower than filson retail.

still a good deal, i got a 256 for $160 shipped. i ordered it yesterday and it's already on the truck in nyc for delivery!

12. mbrokerny

mbrokerny Senior member

Got the #1441n Cover Cloth Field Jacket, sick material and awesome quality but it fits quite large so its going back. Pissed. [​IMG]

13. audiophilia

audiophilia Senior member

Grabbed one locally today. The thing is gorgeous and the workmanship is superb. The hardware and other materials are top drawer. And, yes, it does fit a 15" MacBook Pro in a Incase neoprene sleeve. [​IMG]

Third picture is best rep of tan colour. Love it. Thx to SF for inspiring and directing yet another purchase.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. entrero

entrero Senior member

^Good stuff

I got my duffle bag recently with missing shoulder strap and stubborn zipper. Shoulder strap is in transit, I've send an e-mail regarding the zipper issue and I can say their e-mail support is non-existent.

15. mbrokerny

mbrokerny Senior member

Grabbed one locally today. The thing is gorgeous and the workmanship is superb. The hardware and other materials are top drawer. And, yes, it does fit a 15" MacBook Pro in a Incase neoprene sleeve. [​IMG]

Third picture is best rep of tan colour. Love it. Thx to SF for inspiring and directing yet another purchase.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I ordered the 256, should I have gotten the 257?

16. slide13

slide13 Senior member

I have the 256 and my brother has the 257, both are nice, but I like the 256 myself. I don't need to carry a ton, my laptop in a neoprene sleeve, a couple file folders, a small notebook, pens, checkbook, etc. all fit well in the 256. I've even used it as an overnight bag a couple times, it's surprisingly capacious when you need it to be. The 257 is great for a student, which is what my brother bought it for, who needs to carry a laptop and a few books maybe, but for my everyday carry to work bag the 256 has been the right choice.

17. mbrokerny

mbrokerny Senior member

18. dcg

dcg Senior member

Got an email from eBags the other day offering 30% off...and for once, the discount worked for Filson! (single use or I would have shared)

Was going back and forth over whether to purchase a Pullman (243). At 30% off the price was similar to a Red Oxx carry on. Filson looks cooler, but Red Oxx is probably more functional. After some searching I found this pic, which pretty much sealed the deal:

[​IMG]

(Even though mine will never look like that...the 257 I've used daily for the past 8 months could almost pass as new).

19. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member