*** Official F/W 2012/2013 Runway Thread ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by andrewgreg, Jan 14, 2012.

1. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

can i get a tl;dr :>

2. jose1985

jose1985 Member

I loved the Burberry show ... i have to have those studded gloves [​IMG]

3. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

I just edited a bunch of times (always do that :( ) sorry if it destroys the linearity of this conversation.

Or andrewgreg can just tell us all what he meant and save me from playing devil's advocate to a figment of my own imagination

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012

4. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

you're not wrong is saying she uses black, she also uses white. and a whole spectrum of colors. when you say dark designer, it has a certain connotation. to say that ann, because of price, should be included with other dark designers, is just throwing them together simply because of price and perhaps some obvious use of black and really nothing else. yohji is quite expensive, and he uses as much if not more black, should he be thrown in with the dark designers ?

yes, you can wear ann with the typical dark designers, but you can also wear margiela with ann, so that is really not any metric to go by. to some extent you can generalize dark to include many, but there is a point beyond which you surpass any meaningful discussion and just create some binary representation, in or out.

when the idea of making an ann thread was brought up, he suggested including her with 'these dark designer brands,' which is clear in its meaning here, and also makes clear that he has no idea what he's talking about by lumping her in with whoever else other people are going to call "genuine 'dark' designers."

anyway ...

5. Lane

Lane Senior member

Alexander wang uses a lot of black, must be a dark designer.

honestly, though...would love threads with more specific topics like certain designers/aesthetics instead of sifting through dog pictures in random fashion thoughts.

6. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

animal hater

7. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Yu don't need a narrative but like conceptual clothes? FYI narrative is like Ann while conceptual would be like CCP. BTW DD wants to be a luxury brand now, boutique opening is on Faubourg-Saint-Honoré and staff has been replaced by people from YSL and assorted big brands.

8. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

DD, you are referring to Damir Doma? DD want to be a luxury brand? :wow:

54 Rue De Faubourg Saint-Honore

9. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

DD=Damir Doma. They have been moving in that direction for about a year, from what I've seen.

Oh ad you can def wear Ann with Margiela cause the guy who used to design MMM menswear now designs Ann's menswear.

10. bows1

bows1 Senior member

For Sipang

"Backstage, after the show in Paris, RAF is pretty much exhausted, but electrified. What he showed is a clear example o the designer rebooting his brand. "Clean Up, clean up, clean up," he says. "I wanted to clean up and get back to the basics of the label. This may be the most sober show I've done in a long time. Unlike, eh, next season."

So, eh, you already know what you'll be showing in January 2012?

"I do. It'll be extreme"

11. the shah

well there's a reason i picked ann/mmm i just didn't seem to know it explicitly :p

as to dd it became clear his new direction, he gave to garbage interview trying to explain how tailored garments were fitting in with the rest, but it made no sense and they really don't fit in with the "ethos" (I don't like philosophizing fashion but ...) of the label, it lead to a complete lack of coherence. not saying the nomadic orientalist should be forever pursued but it was just clear he was up to something.

12. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

I read those Ann interviews from start to finish. :inlove: I do think there is a darkness to her design, but there's also a lot of softness and fragility. I wouldn't want her lumped into a "dark designer" thread though. I think she needs her own.

13. the shah

if it is ever created, it will require musical coordination by you. i'm not talking like Exodus, but more like nocturne in c# minor for violin/piano. certainly not ave maria but more like itzak's work for schindler's list or hanz zimmer, 503, but not production works like that. are you following so far ? nessun dorma is too grandiose of a finish, it is dramatic but in the wrong sense. barbier de seville imparts a looney toons feeling, can't have that. please. it would require the melancholic cry of a violin, no doubt. pickpack, pockpuck some suggestions i'm bad at this !

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012

14. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

done and done

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012

15. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

So, less like this, and more like this perhaps?