• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** Official F/W 2012/2013 Runway Thread ***

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SpXBs.jpg

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
lol what the hell is that mess, time to hang up the boots dood

Last edited:

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I liked the swanky 70s vibe at Lanvin. Not my cup 'o tea, but I can see it looking good on some people.

Screenshot2012-01-22at100514AM.png

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
thread overrun by trolls

il avait raison, c'est un con en plus d'etre un chintoc

Last edited:

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And Thom saves the day.

Last edited:

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently saw the movie The Artist and was captivated by how a simple black & white silent film with a great message could leave a strong impact to me at least. And somehow the movie reminded me of the Jil Sander collection which I think is the best one.

I love it's purity with it's use of great fabrics and a classic silhouette, but updated with a "generous cut" which I think is the best way to showcase the luxurious leathers and cashmere. The collection also has a sense of "fun" like the graphic Intarsia of a whale and a dinosaur which are both primitive forms of life that existed in the beginning of the Earth and to me I think this sends a message of going back to basics or maybe starting in the beginning?

Whatever Raf's message is, I think this collection is "very now", it doesn't look retro nor futuristic which is I think is it's strength compared to the other collections

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lanvin was interesting, though I really respect Tom Ford for his consistent devotion to the 70s. Personally, I'll probably try to pick up a piece here and there from Umit Benan - lots of good separates, and the military theme always works for me. Not a huge fan of the latest Ann Demeulemeester, but hey, she's been around a while, and not every season can be on point. As usual, like both the pieces and the styling of Dries van Noten. Also, if you've ever read his interviews, he refreshingly does not try to pack in some the pseudo-philosophical utterances, which is a big plus in my book. Plus, his construction and materials have stayed consistently high for years - which is saying a lot.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As usual, like both the pieces and the styling of Dries van Noten. Also, if you've ever read his interviews, he refreshingly does not try to pack in some the pseudo-philosophical utterances, which is a big plus in my book. Plus, his construction and materials have stayed consistently high for years - which is saying a lot.

This so much. Dries isn't necessarily mind-blowingly exciting, but he does his thing exceedingly well.

Kuki

Reaction score
Thom Browne getting ready for TDKR I see...

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WTF happened at Thom Browne??? Dude, some jackets belonged to Mr. Hyde from "The League of extraordinary gentlemen".

I think the best way to describe it would be "Quasimodo Steez", amirite??

I don´t care for the Lanvin trousers at all. They pretty much ruined a lot of looks, but the rest, boots, shoes, coats and jackets were generally quite good.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads