• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** Official F/w 2011 Runway Thread ***

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in Paris from Friday - Monday. Anyone else going ?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Fujiwara was great. Like, pinch hitting for the Prada team during a slump season. j/k, it's good, and better than others they've presented.

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i actually loved the jil sander lineup. i wish i was as baller and rich to wear every outfit.

Platypus

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
+1 Milan was disappointing overall.

Isn't it always? I mean, for me, it always serves as a reminder that Paris is coming up.

That said:

- Whenever current Raf (for Jil Sander) does anything I like he seems to ******* up the next season. I really liked the bright colors he used for SS11, but the ones this season are universally worse / watered down shades. Still, I have to say, he still cuts the best slim pants IMO.
- Pretty much everything about Burberry sucked, from the colors to the overwrought details.
- I usually find Prada, at the very least, entertaining. Not this time.
- Trussardi, with it being an all leather collection, had some interesting textures. Too bad the clothes themselves are Eurotrash.
- Marni was okay, Fujiwara was good except for the shoes that did go with the rest of the collection (not that I'll remember either of them in a week).
- Everthing else was boring or bad.

Off runway, Devoa is good / interesting:

http://scoute.org/blog/?p=836

Bring on Paris!

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
i liked the fujiwara outerwear a lot but the styling seems pretty rough. i love thom browne x moncler 4evr and always... (not being ironic)

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Full Fujiwara presentation, bigger pics here

I like the oversized pockets X hairdresser belt/not-a-skirt thing

giuliano-fujiwara-2011-fallwinter-collection-0.jpg
giuliano-fujiwara-2011-fallwinter-collection-1.jpg

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
giulianofujiwarafallcollection3.jpg
Change the shoes and pant cuffs and this is all me.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Platypus
Isn't it always? I mean, for me, it always serves as a reminder that Paris is coming up. That said: - Whenever current Raf (for Jil Sander) does anything I like he seems to ******* up the next season. I really liked the bright colors he used for SS11, but the ones this season are universally worse / watered down shades. Still, I have to say, he still cuts the best slim pants IMO. - Pretty much everything about Burberry sucked, from the colors to the overwrought details. - I usually find Prada, at the very least, entertaining. Not this time. - Trussardi, with it being an all leather collection, had some interesting textures. Too bad the clothes themselves are Eurotrash. - Marni was okay, Fujiwara was good except for the shoes that did go with the rest of the collection (not that I'll remember either of them in a week). - Everthing else was boring or bad. Off runway, Devoa is good / interesting: http://scoute.org/blog/?p=836 Bring on Paris!
Yeah, Milan has always more or less been the precursor to the big show (Paris). So excited for tomorrows presentations. I really like what Devoa has been putting out. Good materials, styling, and cut. Besides the outerwear though, their stuff just doesn't make me feel that I need it in my life. A bit too understated for me I guess.

Platypus

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
Rick Owens FW 2011
Love the first look:
--mg-0755.jpg
Pictures also available on GQ: LINK Damn. I actually like (really like) a Rick Owens collection*. There is more structure and more refinement whilst the vision / spirit remains clearly Rick Owens. *Okay, I did like Exploder, but other than that I was never a fan

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
you guys for the most parts know nothing and associate ro with leathers and t shirts that you resell with your BoO on the b&s section. This was a complete cohesion between his first men's collection and the tailoring of gleam and crust.

gats

Reaction score
I love the picture of Rick at the end of the GQ slideshow. Also I didn't really like the brown boots that were in a couple of looks and the thick looking grey pants were cool
00400m.jpg

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree with Kunk. Looks like he fixed the perma-shrug fit on his tailored pieces shoulders, so that gets props.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads