• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** Official F/w 2011 Runway Thread ***

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Like the colors on jil but don't like the pieces.

Still much better than all black garbage.

GF boots are interesting.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
what's the ******* deal with prada
ZANJO.png
lol "badass"

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so, who's buying the Lurex sweater ?

PradaMensFallWinter201127.jpg

ClambakeSkate

Reaction score
The drop in quality from Burberry is pretty huge. They had a good run, probably the most consistent collection every season since Hedi left Dior, but I guess it's time to pass the top spot to someone else...

The Missoni stuff is great, I've been liking their stuff for the last few seasons actually.

I used to understand the Raf hype, but for about the last 4 years so, he's just been running on fumes. If you look back to his collections before ~2005, he used to have such innovation and really amazing ideas. I don't understand how people still hold him in such high regard.

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
Marni is pretty cool, but the hat mixed with some of the hairstyling is giving me Boy George visions. I liked this one:

00150m.jpg

You could probably pair these shoes with that Burberry coat:

00010m.jpg

ffffuuuu.gif

Is it an instant ban on this forum if I admit that I liked this particular Versace look?:

00060m.jpg

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dwyhajlo
Is it an instant ban on this forum if I admit that I liked this particular Versace look?:
00060m.jpg

Nah, Versace has actually been improving since Plokhov has been at the helm. Can't get much more internet-approved than half of the Cloak duo. Speaking of which, is he still doing it or did he quit to focus on his own line?

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's left Versace. Like you said, now he's doing his own line.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can't ******* wait for thursday!

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 Milan was disappointing overall.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
http://alexandermcqueen.com/int/en/c...1_aw_mens.aspx

McQueen in video. First third is like she is trying so hard to prove that the line is going to remain infused with McQueen that she forgot to make the clothes look good. Then it improves. There were a couple of good points. FW10 was better.

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
+1 Milan was disappointing overall.

Wasn't really expecting a huge amount - I mean (for people like us on this forum), isn't it pretty much a warmup in anticipation of Paris?

Speaking of Paris, is Undercover going to be showing in Paris this year? They aren't listed in the itinerary in the first post, and the combination of Takahashi's minimal web presence and my weak Google-Fu has made finding any details nigh impossible.

Favorites from Milan were probably:
Missoni
Zegna
Vivienne Westwood
Costume National
Pringle of Scotland (kind of surprised that none of the KNITS, YO brigade hasn't cosigned this yet)

The John Richmond show had a whole bunch of stuff that I kind of liked in it, but it felt incredibly disparate. Even though a lot of it was kind of cool, I went away feeling like there was not much more than cool holding the whole thing together. Not bad, though.

quasky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dwyhajlo
Pringle of Scotland (kind of surprised that none of the KNITS, YO brigade hasn't cosigned this yet)
agreed - a couple really nice looks in that show. this one was pretty cool, totally wearable:
00140m.jpg
e: also want to co-sign on missoni love. do want this cardi:
00030m.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads