1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

*** Official F/w 2011 Runway Thread ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by A Fellow Linguist, Jan 14, 2011.

1. delakingois

delakingois Senior member

2. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

Why there's no valentino again. I really like their men's collection, as well as Fendi for men.

It seems like the only boutique carry Valentino men's collection is the one on Madison ave.

I called the vegas Boutique yesterday and they no longer carry it.

I sometimes see a few jackets or shirts in saks 5th ave, but very limited.

3. sipang

sipang Senior member

4. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

Marni is very nice, like the jackets. I don't wear skirt :p.

I'm traditional so I hate these shoe's sole.

Gucci is out. Looks very Burberry.

5. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

D&G looks very street wear. Full video is here But Hey, D&G, what are you doing? Last year is Micky Mouse, this season is Coca Cola? I can get a Coca Cola logo tee for free honestly, but not paying 200 bucks. Some of the pieces are still nice so, and the color is very lovely, which makes me think of am I watching an Abercrombie Fitch & Dolce Gabbana collaboration?

6. jet

jet Senior member

Like the colors on jil but don't like the pieces.

Still much better than all black garbage.

GF boots are interesting.

7. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

what's the fucking deal with prada [​IMG] lol "badass"

8. sipang

sipang Senior member

so, who's buying the Lurex sweater ?

[​IMG]

9. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

^ Would go well with Mike's leprechaun fit.

10. ClambakeSkate

ClambakeSkate Senior member

The drop in quality from Burberry is pretty huge. They had a good run, probably the most consistent collection every season since Hedi left Dior, but I guess it's time to pass the top spot to someone else...

The Missoni stuff is great, I've been liking their stuff for the last few seasons actually.

I used to understand the Raf hype, but for about the last 4 years so, he's just been running on fumes. If you look back to his collections before ~2005, he used to have such innovation and really amazing ideas. I don't understand how people still hold him in such high regard.

11. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

12. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

Marni is pretty cool, but the hat mixed with some of the hairstyling is giving me Boy George visions. I liked this one:

[​IMG]

You could probably pair these shoes with that Burberry coat:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is it an instant ban on this forum if I admit that I liked this particular Versace look?:

[​IMG]

13. Nil

Nil Senior member

Is it an instant ban on this forum if I admit that I liked this particular Versace look?: [​IMG]
    Nah, Versace has actually been improving since Plokhov has been at the helm. Can't get much more internet-approved than half of the Cloak duo. Speaking of which, is he still doing it or did he quit to focus on his own line?

14. asobu

asobu Senior member

He's left Versace. Like you said, now he's doing his own line.

15. asobu

asobu Senior member

can't fucking wait for thursday!

16. snake

snake Senior member

+1 Milan was disappointing overall.

17. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

http://alexandermcqueen.com/int/en/c...1_aw_mens.aspx

McQueen in video. First third is like she is trying so hard to prove that the line is going to remain infused with McQueen that she forgot to make the clothes look good. Then it improves. There were a couple of good points. FW10 was better.

18. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

+1 Milan was disappointing overall.

Wasn't really expecting a huge amount - I mean (for people like us on this forum), isn't it pretty much a warmup in anticipation of Paris?

Speaking of Paris, is Undercover going to be showing in Paris this year? They aren't listed in the itinerary in the first post, and the combination of Takahashi's minimal web presence and my weak Google-Fu has made finding any details nigh impossible.

Favorites from Milan were probably:
    Missoni
    Zegna
    Vivienne Westwood
    Costume National
    Pringle of Scotland (kind of surprised that none of the KNITS, YO brigade hasn't cosigned this yet)

The John Richmond show had a whole bunch of stuff that I kind of liked in it, but it felt incredibly disparate. Even though a lot of it was kind of cool, I went away feeling like there was not much more than cool holding the whole thing together. Not bad, though.

19. quasky

quasky Senior member

Pringle of Scotland (kind of surprised that none of the KNITS, YO brigade hasn't cosigned this yet)
    agreed - a couple really nice looks in that show. this one was pretty cool, totally wearable: [​IMG] e: also want to co-sign on missoni love. do want this cardi: [​IMG]

20. Lane

Lane Senior member