*** Official F/w 2011 Runway Thread ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by A Fellow Linguist, Jan 14, 2011.

1. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Not as cool as Julius and Junya, but I guess Im going to the CK Collection show and the Tommy Hilfiger show. The only reason for the TH show is its Simon Spurr's first season as consultant and I kinda want to check it out.

2. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

If you guys like that Junya, you should love White Mountaineering F/W 2011.

3. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

4. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

5. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

If you guys like that Junya, you should love White Mountaineering F/W 2011.

I'm gonna blow my wallet on both of those collections this year.

6. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

junya <3

7. jet

jet Persian Bro

Junya was good definitely some cops there.

Shore post up white in my thread.

8. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

julius has gone straight from borrowing ro designs to stealing at this point. so glad i only care about ann d and ro shows and ccp has no proper shows so i rarely even look through other vids. yohji is always excellent but not my cup of tea

9. Platypus

Platypus Affiliate Vendor

RE: Junya Watanabe This excerpt from a V Magazine interview with Junya has always stuck in my mind: AB: Your men's line is more like real clothing, jeans and T-shirts, and the women's has this huge element of fantasy. What is fantasy for men? Do they get any of this in their fashion? JW: Basics. Men don't have much fantasy for clothes, I think. It all comes down to the basics. That's the point of starting the menswear. For the women's I research with fabrics and shapes and the patterns; with the men's I really wanted to do something basic. I can't help feeling a little disappointed whenever I look at a Junya men's collection because of the above. That said, I can certainly see why people like it (and I do like it too) and this is probably the best re-hash of what he has been doing for the past 4-ish years.

10. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

I think the end result is what matters, not the motivation behind the collection- and thats awesome.

11. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

julius has gone straight from borrowing ro designs to stealing at this point. so glad i only care about ann d and ro shows and ccp has no proper shows so i rarely even look through other vids. yohji is always excellent but not my cup of tea

Looking at them side by side is ludicrous

12. quasky

quasky Senior member

jesus god junya is soooooooo sick. must have one of those knit blazers.

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

RE: Junya Watanabe

This excerpt from a V Magazine interview with Junya has always stuck in my mind:

AB: Your men's line is more like real clothing, jeans and T-shirts, and the women's has this huge element of fantasy. What is fantasy for men? Do they get any of this in their fashion?

JW: Basics. Men don't have much fantasy for clothes, I think. It all comes down to the basics. That's the point of starting the menswear. For the women's I research with fabrics and shapes and the patterns; with the men's I really wanted to do something basic.

I can't help feeling a little disappointed whenever I look at a Junya men's collection because of the above.

That said, I can certainly see why people like it (and I do like it too) and this is probably the best re-hash of what he has been doing for the past 4-ish years.

What would you like to see him design?

14. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

julius has gone straight from borrowing ro designs to stealing at this point

examples?

15. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

the sneakers looks like a mash up of f/w06 and f/w 09 ro sneakers. he is making exploder sweatpants with the silk inserts that side by side are almost indistinguishable. the hooded poplin and wool coats are 95% replicas of ro f/w 09 winter coats. there is a sweater on the runway that was produced seemingly stitch for stitch in dustulator