Official Events and PSA thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Jan 21, 2009.

1. aleksandr

aleksandr Senior member

Slightly tempted by suede oxfords.

2. Fidgeteer

Fidgeteer Active Member

Odd that the brown desert boots seem to have the nicest leather of this lot and no one's buying. Same texture and nearly the same color as that of the brown wingtips from the last sale.

The brown suede Oxfords looked good, but they sold out in my size before I got to the product page. I'll tell myself the rain wouldn't like them anyway.

3. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

Odd that the brown desert boots seem to have the nicest leather of this lot and no one's buying. Same texture and nearly the same color as that of the brown wingtips from the last sale.

The brown suede Oxfords looked good, but they sold out in my size before I got to the product page. I'll tell myself the rain wouldn't like them anyway.

Those desert boots sure are tempting...not sure how the sizing would work for me as I'm a half...

4. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

Slightly tempted by suede oxfords.

+1

5. GBer

GBer Senior member

You can always join the fan club to get 20% off, and when signing up, fill out your bday to be when you plan on buying the suit, which will give you another 15% off.

What fan club? Do tell.

6. marathonman

marathonman New Member

Syms in Falls Church, VA has several solid navy and charcoal Hickey Freeman mainline suits at $499. They are mostly 42s and 44s, including some L's. There was also a very nice size 38 flannel in mid grey.

7. alexei

alexei Senior member

Went by 3 TJ Maxx stores today in St. Louis, MO: Des Peres, Kirkwood, and Creve Coeur.

First two had about 20 total ties at each store by: Georgio Armani, Versace, Gucci, E. Zegna, Valentino, Dior, Costume National

Prices: $29 (for some that had been marked down)-$69 (regular price)

Most were all wide and ugly except a few of the Gucci were slimmer, but $69 and a few of the Valentino were slimmer. I bought a blue Valentino for $29 plus several super skinny CN for $20 each, one Dior for $39, and a couple others.

The Creve Coeur location only had two ugly Versace ties.

Other TJ Maxx stores may carry similar ties. YMMV.

8. alexei

alexei Senior member

Dillards stores have 40% off all final sale/clearance prices, which includes a lot of Polo Ralph Lauren. You can view their website at www.dillards.com. Store selection is better as there are more mark downs. I bought several polos for $29 each (not necessarily a steal), two linen short sleeved shirts marked down from $85 to $15 each, a couple button down short sleeved shirts for the same price. Shorts all at $15-20. Looks like it ends tomorrow, online anyway.

9. alexei

alexei Senior member

10. bkk

bkk Senior member

For those interested, Gilt.com will have Grenson today

Was that the nutzo clearance day? By the time I had scanned what was available, everything was sold out, at least in my size.

11. GBer

GBer Senior member

Was that the nutzo clearance day? By the time I had scanned what was available, everything was sold out, at least in my size.

[​IMG]

Normal

see also:

http://nymag.com/fashion/10/spring/63807/

12. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

13. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

My girlfriend was at Nordstrom Rack in Union Square and spotted Mulholland Brothers briefcases, garment bags, duffels, and carry-alls etc. at 35% off the already discounted prices.

I picked this up for $200 http://shopmulholland.com/product.ht...uct=PC4030-GSS

IIRC after the discount the Garment Bags were around $120, Briefcases $150, carry-alls and duffels $200. They also had some rolling luggage/carry-ons but I don't recall the prices.

I didn't see too many all leather pieces, and some of the leather was a bit scuffed. I think some conditioner and light polishing will get the few on my bag out no problem.

14. Kuro

Kuro Senior member

Santoni Madison Avenue boutique is closing with giant "Everything Must Go Lost Our Lease" signs in the windows.

Prices are up to 70% off.

15. Shoeby Doo

Shoeby Doo Senior member

Santoni Madison Avenue boutique is closing with giant "Everything Must Go Lost Our Lease" signs in the windows.

Prices are up to 70% off.

Wow! Sure hope some members here go clean them out so the rest of us can get a shot at those goodies.