Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Official Events and PSA thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Jan 21, 2009.

1. dhc905

dhc905 Senior member

Weird, the FB on Michigan ave (in chicago) had a similar LP cashmere outerwear one that they were trying to sell for 1,100 or 1,195...and it was a size 56 or so. Very nice, but very pricey (+10% sales tax!). I wonder if it's the same.

Checked out the Connecticut Ave - DC Filene's this afternoon. It is all priced heavily, however they had one stunning piece at $899. A Loro Piana Navy Quilted 100% Cashmere Outerwear jacket. The size is Medium and i know these retail north of $3.5K. IMHO it's a size 50. Someone should jump on this.

2. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

^that's odd, filene's usually drops its prices like clockwork. in fact, that's their whole business model

I haven't been to Filenes in NYC in a few years, but I do recall for example, they had Oxxford suits for a bit over $1k and then when they had a suit sale it would go to ~ $850. It never went below that regardless of how long it hung on the rack.

3. CutandSew

CutandSew Senior member

I haven't been to Filenes in NYC in a few years, but I do recall for example, they had Oxxford suits for a bit over $1k and then when they had a suit sale it would go to ~ $850. It never went below that regardless of how long it hung on the rack.

I used to wait for them to go lower, but then realized it was futile.

4. najpie

najpie Well-Known Member

You can always join the fan club to get 20% off, and when signing up, fill out your bday to be when you plan on buying the suit, which will give you another 15% off.

5. najpie

najpie Well-Known Member

You can always join the fan club to get 20% off, and when signing up, fill out your bday to be when you plan on buying the suit, which will give you another 15% off.

Of course this is breaking the rules and I wouldn't recommend doing it. But in theory, one could.[​IMG]

6. aleksandr

aleksandr Senior member

Of course this is breaking the rules and I wouldn't recommend doing it. But in theory, one could.[​IMG]

Or, *gasp*, actually go on your birthday!

7. najpie

najpie Well-Known Member

Or, *gasp*, actually go on your birthday!

If you feel like waiting (however many months it is til your birthday) and *gasp* hoping someone else doesn't buy it first, then sure, wait.

8. bkk

bkk Senior member

I always had similar lack of luck at the FB in Rockville. Lower end clothing without much of a discount in most cases. In other cases, nothing that fit a slim fit chap like myself.

9. doink

doink Senior member

Holt Renfrew Last Call - Vaughan Mills

While not as good as prices seen here, there are a few pieces of Tom Ford available.

What I saw:

3/4 length wool/cashmere over coat/peak lapels - around $1300 - original - 4500
    Pants - size 36- 500
    Sport coats - saw three of the same on - about $900

Also a selection of Isaia and Ermenegildo Zegna sport coats in the 750-1000 range

10. yellman

yellman Senior member

Holt Renfrew Last Call - Vaughan Mills

While not as good as prices seen here, there are a few pieces of Tom Ford available.

What I saw:

3/4 length wool/cashmere over coat/peak lapels - around $1300 - original - 4500
    Pants - size 36- 500
    Sport coats - saw three of the same on - about $900

Also a selection of Isaia and Ermenegildo Zegna sport coats in the 750-1000 range

thanks for the update

I spoke with the mgr there, he said that everything in storage is out on the floor now and they are waiting for the new stuff to come from the retail stores. I asked him why he was selling winter jackets in the middle of june, he said they did not want to store it anymore.

11. alexm1309

alexm1309 New Member

I made a separate thread for this but I guess that's a no-no so here we go again: [​IMG] This coupon is for in-store only. If you'd like a code to use online I have a limited number available. Just PM me and I'll throw one your way.

12. datsunfan

datsunfan Senior member

NMLC is having their usual 40% one item sale Wed. 8/24 and Thurs 8/25. I picked up a solid navy Hickey Freeman Madison at the San Marcos store the last time they did this a couple weeks ago for $381.05 (40% off $599). Both the San Marcos and Austin stores had other solid navy Madisons. I remember a 40R and a 44S in San Marcos and a 42R and 42S in Austin. I was in both stores on 8/12 so this information is a little dated. If you're local and looking it might be worth checking out.

13. bjan

bjan Senior member

NMLC is having their usual 40% one item sale Wed. 8/24 and Thurs 8/25. I picked up a solid navy Hickey Freeman Madison at the San Marcos store the last time they did this a couple weeks ago for $381.05 (40% off $599). Both the San Marcos and Austin stores had other solid navy Madisons. I remember a 40R and a 44S in San Marcos and a 42R and 42S in Austin. I was in both stores on 8/12 so this information is a little dated. If you're local and looking it might be worth checking out.

Even if there's a coupon, the last time I was at the Primm NMLC they had photocopies in the store for everyone to use. Similar value with HF, with lots of selection in small sizes there.

14. GBer

GBer Senior member

For those interested, Gilt.com will have Grenson today

15. arc

arc Senior member

For those interested, Gilt.com will have Grenson today

Amazing selection there. How 'bout those red wingtips? [​IMG]