Official Events and PSA thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Jan 21, 2009.

1. TieMyShoe

TieMyShoe Senior member

2. jeff w

jeff w Member

Anybody know what size shoetree for 9D/9E? Their size chart was not helpful.

3. jreigen

jreigen Senior member

4. reachforit108

reachforit108 Well-Known Member

5. najpie

najpie Well-Known Member

At the Connecticut Ave Filene's in DC, they got in a shipment yesterday of Kiton, Brioni, Zegna (Z and mainline), Valentini, Borelli, Dries van Noten, Luciano Barbera sartoriale, Canali, couple Finamore, Mastai Ferreti, Corneliani, Cucinelli and others from Wilkes Bashford and Louis Boston. They have suits, coats, dress shirts, pants, cashmere, and a handful of shoes. No real deals to be had, though--most of the dress shirts they wanted at least $169.99 for. Kiton Polos--they were asking $200!

6. reachforit108

reachforit108 Well-Known Member

At the Connecticut Ave Filene's in DC, they got in a shipment yesterday of Kiton, Brioni, Zegna (Z and mainline), Valentini, Borelli, Dries van Noten, Luciano Barbera sartoriale, Canali, couple Finamore, Mastai Ferreti, Corneliani, Cucinelli and others from Wilkes Bashford and Louis Boston. They have suits, coats, dress shirts, pants, cashmere, and a handful of shoes. No real deals to be had, though--most of the dress shirts they wanted at least $169.99 for. Kiton Polos--they were asking $200!

Thanks for the heads up. Yesterday, I saw a similar "Vault" shipment at the filene's in friendship heights (dc). the number of items was a bit lower than what you mention but the same brands. unfortunately, as you said, there were no serious deals to be had. There was a particularly nice pair of incotex corduroy trousers for a "bargain" of $130. give it a few weeks and they will start marking them down.

7. black_umbrella

black_umbrella Senior member

http://www.lordandtaylor.com/eng/Men...ndtaylor/29646 Woodlore shoe trees for $10. Code REDHOT takes another 15% off, shipping starts at $6 or so for up to $50.
    Sometimes is good to have big feet! 2 XL's for less than the price of one at retail. sweet.

8. earthdragon

earthdragon Senior member

Checked out the Connecticut Ave - DC Filene's this afternoon. It is all priced heavily, however they had one stunning piece at $899. A Loro Piana Navy Quilted 100% Cashmere Outerwear jacket. The size is Medium and i know these retail north of $3.5K. IMHO it's a size 50. Someone should jump on this.

9. scurvyfreedman

scurvyfreedman Senior member

Checked out the Connecticut Ave - DC Filene's this afternoon. It is all priced heavily, however they had one stunning piece at $899. A Loro Piana Navy Quilted 100% Cashmere Outerwear jacket. The size is Medium and i know these retail north of $3.5K. IMHO it's a size 50. Someone should jump on this.
    Went there yesterday. They have lots of Oxxford suits in a variety of sizes/colors/patterns from 38-50. All priced at $999 right now. Generally I had found Farragut North lacking compared to Metro Center Filene's, but their suit selection is very good right now.

10. BamaHater

BamaHater Senior member

Ralph Lauren Store in Houston has 40% off sale items. Picked up 2 Purple Label ties for $35.99 each and two Black Label Dress Shirts for $59.99 each. Not much good things left . I got lucky and found some stuff I wanted. After I raided the stuff, only saw 2 or 3 Purple Label ties and 2 Black Label ties left. Still had a lot of Blue Label ties left. Had random dress shirts and sports shirts from all labels. Mostly they were blue label though. Probably 5-6 were black or purple label. Purchased all four items just over $200[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. najpie

najpie Well-Known Member

Went there yesterday. They have lots of Oxxford suits in a variety of sizes/colors/patterns from 38-50. All priced at $999 right now. Generally I had found Farragut North lacking compared to Metro Center Filene's, but their suit selection is very good right now.

They've had that full rack of Oxxford's for months now-- they seem to be having trouble moving them. Don't they have a suit sale every so often?

12. arc

arc Senior member

They've had a bunch of Oxxford and Canali on the racks there for like a year, yeah. They're in ugly patterns and awkward sizes though. Sometimes they'll do 25% or something off suits, stacking with other coupons, but even still they're quite costly for the average Filene's Basement shopper.

They seem content to leave this stuff on the shelves at its initial price, even if it never sells too. I recall seeing a Brioni jacket on the racks for like a year and a half at Connecticut Ave, never got marked down from $2800.

13. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

^that's odd, filene's usually drops its prices like clockwork. in fact, that's their whole business model

14. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

^that's odd, filene's usually drops its prices like clockwork. in fact, that's their whole business model
    As is yoox's and all other discounters.

Filenes actually starts off pricing crazy high on some items.

15. arc

arc Senior member

I feel like perhaps the DC locations get fewer shipments of good stuff, and so try to stretch it out by not discounting it as quickly. I've always found them disappointing for actual bargain hunting, even when I'd stop by weekly. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a pilot test to try to get their revenue back up after their recent bankruptcy/administration, or something. I've never seen a "Vault" item (ie: good stuff) in DC get price dropped.

On the other hand, maybe I just don't go in there often enough to see the discounts before they're finally bought.