1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Events and PSA thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Jan 21, 2009.

1. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

I don't see how they could be distracting. Much of the time when I post pics of mine here, people say, "There's another button?"

If SFers don't notice the third button, I doubt the average Joe on the street would.

Did you reflect, on your way back, on all the ways in which you've damaged this country?

- B

2. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

[​IMG]

What else is new?

Did you reflect, on your way back, on all the ways in which you've damaged this country?

Sounds like three pluses to me.

More New England should have rubbed off on you.

- B

I don't see how they could be distracting. Much of the time when I post pics of mine here, people say, "There's another button?"

If SFers don't notice the third button, I doubt the average Joe on the street would.

Now gentlemen please, I was sure you would have seen enough elements of the infamous 3 roll 2 thread over at that other message board to know I was speaking with tongue in proverbial cheek.. [​IMG]

3. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

Now gentlemen please, I was sure you would have seen enough elements of the infamous 3 roll 2 thread over at that other message board to know I was speaking with tongue in proverbial cheek.. [​IMG]

See, it proves my point. Even on SF, people fail to spot that third button.

4. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

No, I've yet to have my McNamara moment. [​IMG]

The arrogance of youth.................................

5. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

By the bye, is the mind numbing reiteration of .......Did you reflect, on your way back, on all the ways in which you've damaged this country?...... a genuflection to Mantoni? If so; very creepy. [​IMG]

6. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

Tomasso, there's a new circle of cool kids. Grim is trying to cling onto Manton's sleeve in order to hang out with them at the jungle gym. The rest of us hoi polloi are down on the soccer field or something. Mafoo is the kid who eats paste for attention. Portnoy is the kid with the most Transformers.

7. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

I don't want to ruin all of the fun, but what is the genesis of the saying "paste eater?"

8. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

I don't want to ruin all of the fun, but what is the genesis of the saying "paste eater?"
    The mythical kid who would eat the paste in elementary school art classes.

9. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

I don't want to ruin all of the fun
    So you're saying that all these years it's been unintentional?

10. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

This thread stinks to high heaven.

And this from a man who's just returned from Washington DC.

WHt about it makes you say this?

11. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

When Salvatore made me a pair of linen trousers last year, there was sufficient fabric left over that we decided to use it to make a pair of bermudas:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. voxsartoria

Given the cuffs, those shorts are for a woman, right?

- B

13. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Given the cuffs, those shorts are for a woman, right?

- B

Ha!
    Nope, those are mine. I just left the styling up to Salvatore.

14. voxsartoria

Ha!
    Nope, those are mine. I just left the styling up to Salvatore.

Knee socks?

- B

15. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Knee socks?

- B

No.... I left those behind in P.N.G

16. voxsartoria

17. uppercase

uppercase Senior member

I'd love to have a suit made by Solito/Ambrosi, two of Naples' top names in bespoke clothing, but a few considerations would give me pause:
    ---Solito's silhouette. What you see in the picture is his default silhouette.
    It is blousy and drapey and full. I'd call it sloppy drape.
    It is the same silhouette which I saw on Maurizio Marinella and on a Neapolitan friend of mine who is a Solito client. You've got to like that shape going into game because that is what you'll get, particularly since you are only going to get one forward fitting before the final coat is delivered. I haven't seen a coat by Solito as fitted as pictured by Vox; Vox, was that suit made for you?

18. voxsartoria

I haven't seen a coat by Solito as fitted as pictured by Vox; Vox, was that suit made for you?

No, it was not made for me...nevertheless, it was indeed made with a clean chest for the client (judging from photographs)...but it is likely that my chest is cleaning it up even further!

For those of you thinking about this, there are few people with greater familiarity with Naples than Uppercase, so you would do well to pay attention to what he is describing.

- B

19. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

For those of you thinking about this, there are few people with greater familiarity with Naples than Uppercase, so you would do well to pay attention to what he is describing.

+1

20. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

No, it was not made for me...nevertheless, it was indeed made with a clean chest for the client (judging from photographs)...but it is likely that my chest is cleaning it up even further!

- B

Seriously, or is this sarcasm? can't tell. something tells me the latter.