Official Events and PSA thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Jan 21, 2009.

1. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

That's too bad. I'll try to check the SC one tomorrow at lunch. Were they mixed in with the regular polo stuff?

South Coast only had 2 or 3 in Green Plaid.
    IRRC they were on a "Contemporary Clearance" rack.

2. deveandepot1

The ones that were shipped to me had minor shop wear.
    I don't think it is a big deal though.

3. Groover

Groover Senior member

while bored at work and checking out shoes, eyes caught these puppies: http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/produc...electedFitID=0 [​IMG] nice burgundy calf. (supposedly) made by cheaney. goodyear welted ; cant tell but i think its 360*. imo very nice last/vamp-toe shape. medallion would make it TITS out of most sizes - including mine - though. 260$ shipped to USA
    Not sure those are made by Cheaney, the last (6957) isn't one of theirs and the heel doesn't look like theirs either, also in the product detail there is no mention of Cheaney whereas the other styles are. I have a feeling those are made by Sanders EDIT: Looks like those are not made in the UK. When you look at the product detail there is a "Made in the European" union image, the UK made shoes have a "Made in England" logo.

4. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

Not sure those are made by Cheaney, the last (6957) isn't one of theirs and the heel doesn't look like theirs either, also in the product detail there is no mention of Cheaney whereas the other styles are. I have a feeling those are made by Sanders EDIT: Looks like those are not made in the UK. When you look at the product detail there is a "Made in the European" union image, the UK made shoes have a "Made in England" logo.
    good info. i was under impression most herring are Loake , and Herring Premier are all cheaney. never heard of sanders but nevertheless these look nice. wonder if they cheaped out on the leather? edit: sanders wholecut w/ medallion, but only black, no photos of sole http://www.pediwear.co.uk/sanders/products/3029.php

5. joegrec

joegrec Senior member

Beware if you order 2nds of the Evanston in Walnut. I did, have not received them, but was made aware of some potentially troubling information. That was that many of the 2nds in Walnut and even the Cognac of other models appear to be striped. It isn't just an ugly patina or blotchy patches, it's actualy stripes. I'll report more when I get the shoes, this is just meant as a heads up. If anyone has received any of the aforementioned shoes, I'd appreciate your feedback.

G

I got the Evanstons and mine seem to be fine.
    They are seconds.

Here are pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. RoyalPaJamas

RoyalPaJamas Senior member

I'm not a fan of the Evanston. The whole shoe seems disproportional. The cap toe is too long and the "laces area" is too small. The Soho suffers from the same problem.
    I really like the Bel Air, though. I may order a pair from Riverhead.

I got a pair of the Bel Airs in cognac from eBay and really like them. Great shoe to go with a nice pair of dark jeans.

7. robdpittman

robdpittman Well-Known Member

I already have a pair of Melrose in Walnut and Bel Air in the Brandy Bone (spec) combination...love 'em both. I actually really enjoy the shape of the 0 last visually...I don't find it very disproportionate, but I'm also 6'2" and I wear a 9D. On someone shorter, with a shoe size more matched to their height, I can totally see how they would look a little odd.

8. deveandepot1

They are seconds.

Those look great.

9. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

They are seconds.

Here are pictures.

Hard to make out what they are, can you make the pics bigger?

10. Cantabrigian

Cantabrigian Senior member

Any word on when the NY visit will take place?

I just want to make sure I'm in town this time.

11. _AMD

_AMD Senior member

Any word on when the NY visit will take place?

I just want to make sure I'm in town this time.

According to a message that I received from Salvatore, he intends to be in NYC and San Francisco by the end of this month. No specific dates, however. I think that he is trying to gauge the interest before finalizing the dates.

Aaron

12. jreigen

jreigen Senior member

Sale starting the 11th with 20% off 1st pair, 40% off 2nd pair and 60% additional pairs. I just called the shoe bank this morning and ordered 7 pairs for $427 shipped. All were 2nd's for $119 and they honoring the coming sale. Melrose in black and walnut, McClain in chili, Evanston in black and walnut and Soho in cognac and saddle brown. Once they get to 60% off, it's hard to stop. All were 10D except the McClain in 10.5. The only one they didn't have was the Soho in black.

13. sm332

sm332 Senior member

Thanks for the update !

I just ordered a whole whack of shoes myself:

BelAir in Black
    Melrose in black and walnut
    McClain in merlot
    Evanston in walnut
    Soho in cognac and saddle brown

Total came to 466 - not quite sure why it was more than Jreigen but I dont think i should complain!

They happily accept returns for unworn shoes so if some of them dont work out - I should be able to return them easily.

14. DGP

DGP Senior member

Ralph Lauren sale merchandise is now 50% off marked-down price in-store. Just came from the BH store where I got a RLBL dress shirt for $72.50 (was $295) and a pair of Ralph Lauren dress boots for $134.50 (originally $895).

Also, RLBL suits were $350-450, sports coats were $250-350, RLPL shirts were probably about $100 and RLPL suits were $9-1100. Assuming this is true for the other big stores like Chicago and NY too, but not sure.

As an aside, who makes Ralph Lauren's "Made in Italy" shoes?

15. deveandepot1