1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Events and PSA thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Jan 21, 2009.

1. zarathustra

zarathustra Senior member

I just purchased:

Mora in Black and Brown
    Soho in Saddle and Black
    Evanston in Walnut
    Melrose in Walnut
    Kenwood in Burgandy

Now the question is where do I actually put them?

2. TrailofTears

TrailofTears Senior member

Thanks for the update !

I just ordered a whole whack of shoes myself:

BelAir in Black
    Melrose in black and walnut
    McClain in merlot
    Evanston in walnut
    Soho in cognac and saddle brown

Total came to 466 - not quite sure why it was more than Jreigen but I dont think i should complain!

They happily accept returns for unworn shoes so if some of them dont work out - I should be able to return them easily.

Can you elaborate on the returns situation? Ship them back? Did someone confirm this to you in this sale situation? Thanks.

3. sm332

sm332 Senior member

Can you elaborate on the returns situation? Ship them back? Did someone confirm this to you in this sale situation? Thanks.

I explicitly asked whether I could return. I am mostly concerned about the last and shoe size since I dont have experience with AE's. But the SA I spoke to assured me that unworn shoes can be returned without any issues.

AEs customer service is generally thought to be stellar so I dont think/hope this will be an issue.

4. InsBrokerTX

InsBrokerTX Senior member

It would be nice if there was a list of available models being sold at these fantastic discounts. Any idea where I can find such a list? Will Allen Edmonds provide one if I call?

5. onix

onix Senior member

It would be nice if there was a list of available models being sold at these fantastic discounts. Any idea where I can find such a list? Will Allen Edmonds provide one if I call?

Yes, just call the shoe bank.

6. TrailofTears

TrailofTears Senior member

I explicitly asked whether I could return. I am mostly concerned about the last and shoe size since I dont have experience with AE's. But the SA I spoke to assured me that unworn shoes can be returned without any issues.

AEs customer service is generally thought to be stellar so I dont think/hope this will be an issue.

Thanks for the response. I can confirm this as I asked the guy I spoke to (Simon) and he said returns for full refund and/or exchanges. I just placed a huge order with that in mind, planning to keep 5-6 pair depending on what I think and how they fit. I am also going to run to a store around here and try on some with the various lasts to see what I think. I picked up some polish and trees as well. He also said I could feel free to call back later to add on to my order since I had told a buddy of mine about the deal and he said he wanted to look into a few pair. This will guarantee the 60% off which makes them about $40-80, depending on model.

7. tedbearz

tedbearz Senior member

How much was the Melrose and Bel Aire?

8. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

I've never had an issue with returns. SA's have always said that as long as worn on carpet and not outside, returns or exchanges are fine.

9. phxlawstudent

phxlawstudent Senior member

Just to let you all know just how good AE's customer service is...

I just returned a shoe I had worn outside for a few times tonight. I talked with the manager at the local store (he was the only one working) and showed him the problem I had with the instep of the Soho I bought. I could have lived with it as it wasn't too troubling, but it was very annoying. He gave me a full refund.

Amazing. If you live in Phoenix, I highly recommend the AE store in the Biltmore shopping center.

10. wetnose

wetnose Senior member

Received word that their representative will be at the Sheraton on those dates. Email info@mytailor.com for an appointment.

11. laufer

laufer Senior member

This is not even funny but I have Shoe Bank phone number on my speed dial list now. I just placed another order.

12. tropics

tropics Senior member

13. Doxe

Doxe Senior member

Received word that their representative will be at the Sheraton on those dates. Email info@mytailor.com for an appointment.

Do you know who the representative is?

Seriously thinking of trying these guys after using JustWhiteShirts in Toronto for the last MTM shirt order.

Thx.

14. sm332

sm332 Senior member

Do you know who the representative is?

Seriously thinking of trying these guys after using JustWhiteShirts in Toronto for the last MTM shirt order.

Thx.

I dont know who comes specifically but you dont really need an appt. I got some shirts made in 2007, the fit was quite nice but the fabrics were uneven. Overall the 63CDN per shirt was a decent value.

15. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

I dont know who comes specifically but you dont really need an appt. I got some shirts made in 2007, the fit was quite nice but the fabrics were uneven. Overall the 63CDN per shirt was a decent value.

Have you used anyone else? How did they compare?

16. sm332

sm332 Senior member

Have you used anyone else? How did they compare?

No - I have not used anyone else to be able to provide a balanced opinion.

17. GucciKid

GucciKid Senior member

I've ordered one batch of shirts from MyTailor and I have not been very pleased with the quality. On one shirt, the interlining in the collar was made too small, so there are micro-wrinkles at the edge of the collar that are impossible to iron out. Add to that that after only a few washes there are a number of stitches coming loose - most of the stitching on the plackets of each shirt needs to be re-stitched - and a number of loose threads, and I can say that I will most likely not be ordering from MyTailor again. I've never had this happen with any other shirts, not even crappy shirts like Nautica.

The fit is pretty good but IMO the quality is crap.

18. LanceW

LanceW Senior member

It sounds like you need a fused collar if you will be laundering them at home. I had that issue too until I had them switch my shirts to fused collars and cuffs as I prefer them not to be dry cleaned for pressing.

19. _AMD

_AMD Senior member

Any word on when the NY visit will take place?

I just want to make sure I'm in town this time.

According to a message that I received from Salvatore, he intends to be in NYC and San Francisco by the end of this month. No specific dates, however. I think that he is trying to gauge the interest before finalizing the dates.

Aaron

Just following up on this in case anyone is still interested. The latest message that I received from Salvatore indicates that he will be in San Francisco March 7th through the 10th, and then New York March 11th through the 14th.

Aaron

20. GucciKid

GucciKid Senior member

It sounds like you need a fused collar if you will be laundering them at home. I had that issue too until I had them switch my shirts to fused collars and cuffs as I prefer them not to be dry cleaned for pressing.

This is quite possibly the problem but I told Joe that I launder my shirts at home and he recommended that I go with non-fused collars. So if that is indeed the case it only increases my frustration with MyTailor.