• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Events and PSA thread

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks guys
cheers.gif

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Those BF double monks are mine.

Ordered some of the extra slim fit OCBD, but they don't ship until January..
plain.gif

Not sure if you have any experience with the extra slim-fit OCBD shirts, but the collars are unlined and a real ***** to iron. They are a far cry from the traditional ODBDs. I've whined to several SAs at my local BB hoping that they pass the feedback up the chain and make a better more expanded product for spring. If they do I'll be replacing my entire shirt wardrobe, as I find the fit better than the MTM shirt I got earlier this year.

I hope you have better luck than I have.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biggskip
Not sure if you have any experience with the extra slim-fit OCBD shirts, but the collars are unlined and a real ***** to iron. They are a far cry from the traditional ODBDs. I've whined to several SAs at my local BB hoping that they pass the feedback up the chain and make a better more expanded product for spring. If they do I'll be replacing my entire shirt wardrobe, as I find the fit better than the MTM shirt I got earlier this year.

I hope you have better luck than I have.

All BB OCBD shirts I have are with unlined collars,why would you want them any other way? You wouldn't want the soft collar OCBDs?

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
All BB OCBD shirts I have are with unlined collars,why would you want them any other way? You wouldn't want the soft collar OCBDs?
Well I may have misspoken. The only fitted extra slim fit shirts that BB produced this fall are in the style of the OCBD and the tag even says "Original Polo Shirt", but it is not made from the same cloth that the OCBDs are made from. The cloth is thinner, wrinkles more easily, and as I said earlier the collars don't iron very well.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I may have misspoken. The only fitted extra slim fit shirts that BB produced this fall are in the style of the OCBD and the tag even says "Original Polo Shirt", but it is not made from the same cloth that the OCBDs are made from. The cloth is thinner, wrinkles more easily, and as I said earlier the collars don't iron very well.

In that case it's not OCBD, probably different cotton but not Oxford Cloth in which case I concur with you. I don't buy non OCBD shirts anyway but from descriptions on the web site it looks like they use the Supima cotton which is the same cotton they use for BBBF OCBDs.
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
In that case it's not OCBD, probably different cotton but not Oxford Cloth in which case I concur with you. I don't buy non OCBD shirts anyway but from descriptions on the web site it looks like they use the Supima cotton which is the same cotton they use for BBBF OCBDs.
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

From what I gather, people on the forum seem to really like the BBBF OCBDs (I'll never know since TB seems to think that clothes are only for people under 5'10"). Do people seem to have the same problem with ironing the collars on them that I do with the mainline extra slim fit? Or do the BBBF OCBDs have a lined collar?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
Can anyone ID the last of these C&J BF shoes? And how BF sizes off of the UK size?

X74949

Thanks,
lefty

Any thoughts?

lefty

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From what I gather, people on the forum seem to really like the BBBF OCBDs (I'll never know since TB seems to think that clothes are only for people under 5'10").

Do people seem to have the same problem with ironing the collars on them that I do with the mainline extra slim fit? Or do the BBBF OCBDs have a lined collar?

BBBFs have unlined collars,i.e. soft collar. I don't have problems with ironing but that's probably because the fabric is thick. I do have some non-OCBD BF button down shirts and don't have a problem with ironing either.

MarcInDentonTx

Reaction score
I had overlooked the sale.. thanks for the heads up. I snagged both the Cordovan Cap Toe and a pair of Penny Loafers. Nice.

GQ1

Reaction score
Just ordered 3 Extra Slim Fit Sport Shirts with White Collar and my first Black Fleece Shirt. Waiting anxiously although the Black Fleece won't ship until 1/12 I think.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Big boys only.

Saks 5th ave.

Kiton, marked size 11. Fits size 11.5 usd

Cordovan #8 wingtip loafer. Marked 4k, 40 percent off marked price. In nyc. Pm me if you want me to leave word here and you want it in your name.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads