Official Events and PSA thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Jan 21, 2009.

1. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

Solito mentioned before Christmas, but that doesn't seem so likely now. I emailed Salvatore but he was in the middle of the London trip and hasn't gotten back to me yet.

2. bigchris1313

bigchris1313 Senior member

Wow. To think I'd been ignoring this thread for days, neglrcting to read it because I didn't know what a "Begg Scarf" was (aside from a piece of neckwear).

/slap

3. BrooklynWeGoHard

BrooklynWeGoHard Senior member

4. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Senior member

This reminds of a story Hans told me about his youth.
    He got to know Fritz when he tried to srew him in an illegal "golden party badges for food stamps" deal.

5. CunningSmeagol

CunningSmeagol Senior member

This coming from the guy who wears a 5k watch who started a thread about applying for food stamps as he was going back for further higher education and who justified it by essentially saying 'I pay taxes, dammit so I deserve them'?

Rich man. Real rich. [​IMG]

Don't be an idiot. That thread was a joke and you know it.

But I take it, you have been paying Begg for most of your life with nothing to show for it, and I'm sorry for that. Otherwise your comment would make no sense. And people on SF, as we all know, are paragons of accurate analogizing [​IMG]

6. upnorth

upnorth Senior member

I think all these monies spent on higher education seems to be wasted on you.

7. apropos

apropos Senior member

Don't be an idiot. That thread was a joke and you know it.
    A joke, eh? To quote 2 posts (from that thread):
    So why would you post such a dumb thread?
    The fact that you keep making statements (and don't bother wasting your time and telling me it was sarcastic, it doesn't really matter) like the above is more indicative of you wanting to save face and back out of your asinine position then spark a discussion.
    I invite everyone to read the thread and draw your own conclusions: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...13#post2726513

8. UK2004

UK2004 Senior member

What a bargain these were shame I missed them, did she have any brighter colours blues, oranges, greens etc?

9. CunningSmeagol

A joke, eh? To quote 2 posts (from that thread): I invite everyone to read the thread and draw your own conclusions: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...13#post2726513
    What do those reactions have to do with the thread not being less than serious? Anyway, I seriously have to question the motivations of someone who refuses to believe otherwise. The very absurdity that you point to of a man on food stamps with a $5K watch (which I never bought, by the way - I got something much cheaper...but why am I telling you?) to vilify me, you are loathe to consider as a reason it might be a joke. You must be having a bad day.
    This. I like the OPs e-identity, and I hope for his sake that this is a joke.
    [​IMG]

10. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

What do those reactions have to do with the thread not being less than serious? Anyway, I seriously have to question the motivations of someone who refuses to believe otherwise. The very absurdity that you point to of a man on food stamps with a $5K watch (which I never bought, by the way - I got something much cheaper...but why am I telling you?) to vilify me, you are loathe to consider as a reason it might be a joke. You must be having a bad day.

[​IMG]

FWIW, I wasted some of my life that I will never get back reading that thread. It came across, to me at least, that you were serious, despite attempts to downplay after being called out. For someone who was "joking" you spent considerable effort justifying your position and the fact you paid into the system. But I suppose I couldn't care less if it was a joke or not.

11. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Am I the only one who liked the food stamp threak and read it as a joke [​IMG] Granted, it was horribly unfunny, but that has more to do with Smeagol's lack of comedy skills than with his being a prick.

12. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

Is this the thread from which I get food stamps?

[​IMG]

- B

13. CunningSmeagol

Am I the only one who liked the food stamp threak and read it as a joke [​IMG] Granted, it was horribly unfunny, but that has more to do with Smeagol's lack of comedy skills than with his being a prick.

I am beginning to understand the edmorel theory of pointing out jokes early in threak.

Is this the thread from which I get food stamps?

[​IMG]

- B

I should have just pm'd you. You know everything about Boston.

14. wetnose

wetnose Senior member

Sigh....memo to self: [​IMG]

1) Never reveal a good deal to SF in future
    2) Do an interest check on b&s
    3) Buy as many as possible
    4) Profit!

15. dshin

dshin Senior member

got my scarf today. I am very glad that I took a leap of faith when there was doubt about the authenticity.