1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Events and PSA thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Jan 21, 2009.

1. bsarosi

bsarosi Senior member

Yea, I had stuff in my cart that was gone within a few minutes. Odd sizes may still have some luck.

2. razl

razl Senior member

My SA at our local Cucinelli outlet has informed me that starting on Thurs, Sep 1 they will be taking an additional 60% off their standard pricing of 40% off retail for their SS15 inventory (as an outlet they stock 1 year behind retail)

I've attached their SS15 lookbook pdf. If you're interested, PM me and I'll provide his contact info. They are happy to do business over the phone + ship. fyi: I know nothing about their current inventory stock other than to say that, generally, at this point they still tend to have a good range of goods and sizes - men and women, suits, jackets, shirts, trousers, shoes, accessories, the gamut. I'll also note that they ~may~ go as low as 70% off in another 3 or 4 weeks but sizes are sketchy at that point and after that, it all disappears.

[ATTACHMENT=13582]SS15LookBook.pdf (4,680k. pdf file)[/ATTACHMENT]

1 person likes this.
  3. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  4. terrorsquad

terrorsquad Senior member

@razl, do you think they will ship internationally?

5. razl

razl Senior member

My local Cucinelli outlet rep notified me that they are preselling for their Black Friday sale which is an additional -50% off outlet sales prices for all FW 2015 stuff (as an outlet they are 1 year behind retail).

If you're interested, PM me and I'll give you his contact info and you can be off to the races. The 2015 FW catalog is here. I was just at the store today and they have plenty of inventory (mens and womens) and most styles. And, no, I'm not getting anything off this other than wanting to make sure my local Cooch store stays open :)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  6. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

How are suits prices with 50% off?

7. razl

razl Senior member

Depends on the suit - some of the more normal all wool's (which aren't many in the FW) are probably around the $1k range, but the cashmeres that make up more of the season are probably still in the $1.5k+ range. Still, from the $3-5k retail (I know, I know) that's finally somewhere in realistic world.

I will note that they will probably do 60% in a month and maybe, maybe, 70% come next year - but as you can imagine, sizes get sparser.

8. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

Mr. Porter has sent an email advertising early access to the holiday sale (30% off). Says the proper stale starts tomorrow.

9. justsayno

justsayno Senior member

MrPorter's MSRP is marked way up...

10. Viral

Viral Senior member

examples?

everything I see is the exact same price as the manufacturer itself........for example, J Crew and Polo.

11. justsayno

justsayno Senior member

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

But isn't Matches based in the EU?

13. justsayno

justsayno Senior member

MrPorter is based in the UK, which at this time is also in the EU :)

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

15. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

Ross in SoCal looks to have received some stuff from Nordstrom Rack. Found some Robert Talbott and Falke socks and some nicer PRL items. There were also some non SF approved items like True Religion, Lacoste, William Rast,...

Edit- I cleared out everything in most of the High Desert locations and Pasadena area. To be clear there wasn't piles and piles of this stuff. More like a half dozen nice socks mixed in with 100s of the normal Ross junk.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  16. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

Axel's Outpost (which I have never heard of before) has Edward Green & John Lobb at a discount.

1 person likes this.
  17. circumspice

circumspice Senior member

Axels I believe is a menswear store in Denver, or elsewhere in CO. I believe they may by like RLPL in that they order D width for their Teddy Green's, so those of y'all with expansive feet may want to look carefully. They also have some nice looking Mazzarelli shirts

18. nmprisons

nmprisons Senior member

You selling any of the Talbott socks? PM if so.

19. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

Eison Triple Threads, a SF-based MTM company, has a great deal on Gilt:

https://www.giltcity.com/san-francisco/eisontriplethreadsffeb17

I have a really comfy, well-fitting Eison jacket made from an Ariston double-faced jersey, shown below with the Eison founder at an even there.
    (Sorry, shirt needs to be tucked in and low rise TS jeans should be switched w/ some Eison pants.)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  20. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

Eh, the UK uses a different currency though. Couldn't that be the cause?

Not clothing, but a good example of MSRP differences due to currency differences is phones. An iPhone sold in the states is going to be less in the U.S. than compared to the UK and the EU, but that also has to do with it being made by an American company.

An iPhone 7 (128GB, no carrier) is $749, same phone on the UK site is GBP 699, and EUR 889 from the Irish site.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017