1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Official Events and PSA thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

Woodlore from Amazon.

1 person likes this.
  2. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

Better yet, Woodlore on Sierra Trading Post. You can apply their DealFlyer coupons and get them for about $11-12 a pair. They're technically factory seconds, but all mine have worked fine.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/ce...22/?filterString=s~shoe-trees/&colorFamily=05

1 person likes this.
  3. razl

razl Well-Known Member

Bump - I just got word that they've gone to 70% off. So the 4450 below is now 801 and the 3535 is now 636. PM me if you want contact info.

Again, nothing in it for me, just helping out my local store and sa.

1 person likes this.
  4. FtRoyalty

FtRoyalty Well-Known Member

Any PSAs in Atlanta this weekend?

5. razl

razl Well-Known Member

The dinkiest PSA you can imagine, but deals on wool, staple, OTC Pantherella's are hard to come by. At $19 for 2 pair, I just snagged a couple to put in my sock box* The seller still has a couple of pairs left: http://www.ebay.com/itm/121608600526

No affil with seller; posting so a fellow member can stock up!

(*good wool socks wear out, dammit. And since they're hard to come by, I've gotten in the habit of snagging deals whenever I see them and putting them in an old shirt box. Always having extra means when my next pair wears out, I've already got some new ones on hand ready to go. In the weirdest way, I've found it particularly satisfying to have a small stock of nice backups at hand...)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  6. TM79

TM79 Well-Known Member

That is quite a good deal. The prices my local B&Ms want for Corgi and Pantherella are stupid high.

7. razl

razl Well-Known Member

At least you've got them local, here in central Florida, I don't think Pantherella's (or almost any better wool socks) are within 100 miles. Better stuffs like that just don't land here...

8. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

good advice

9. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Well-Known Member

Neimans carries them at $30 a pop, sometimes you can get lucky at the Rack for a couple odd pair for $10. I have been lucky in this regard... :)

10. shoefan

shoefan Well-Known Member

Sierra Trading Post often has various Pantherella socks, as well as other brands, such as Falke. Their prices aren't as good as they used to be, but still can be good values when they have special sales. There is seemingly always a code available for an additional discount from their listed prices.

11. razl

razl Well-Known Member

I forgot about Neiman's carrying the ones they do back in that lonely corner of the store, but I stand corrected!

Are you still hitting our Rack? I did for a while when it first opened but since then it's been such a bust that I stopped going entirely...

12. razl

razl Well-Known Member

Hat-tip at @jrd617 who PMd me with this:

Like I told him, I had long given up on STP for those since, last I recall, they didn't have staples but only weird patterns/colors. Looks like they're back in biz; go get 'em boys.

13. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Well-Known Member

Neimans puts a lot of their sock stock on sale during their First-Last Call sales, their prices are decent for Pantherella's then.

You should give the Rack another try, I stopped going for bit myself. I recently went back, and found there were some decent gems there. Some Canali coats and suits hidden in the back section, I saw a couple RLBL suit in there as well, might still have some Pantherella socks in the back (i took most of them i think). Happy Orlando shopping my friend... :slayer:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  14. razl

razl Well-Known Member

Hmph, wow. I didn't think that stuff hit our Rack, ever. I'll put it back on the "worth taking an occasional look if I'm in the neighborhood" list. If I don't find anything after 3 times, I'll chalk it up to you having already cleaned them out

back at ya :slayer:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  15. velvel87

velvel87 Well-Known Member

There is currently a navy Brioni suit near the clearance rack in off fifth in paramus nj for $399. It's a finished navy suit that would fit a 42-44 regular. Final sale. [​IMG]

16. davesmith

davesmith Well-Known Member

Damn! That's not bad at all. Great find.

17. macjedi

macjedi Well-Known Member

Not Brioni level, but J. Peterman is having their "First Annual Across the Board Sale". Tiered savings from 40% off $100 up to 60% off $200. I can't speak to the quality, but the designs are nice and their return policy seems good. I'd hoped to get a shirt jacket made by Ascot Chang for an upcoming trip, but my budget has been blown and this will have to suffice …

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

English Travel Jacket.
    $75 on sale. Bought the Victoria Falls for $68 as well to compair.

18. europrep

europrep Well-Known Member

Not sure how I lasted this long without knowing about this thread.

Haberdash in Wellesley, MA has Valstar jackets 50-75% off. Mainly sizes 50-54. They don't have a website, so you would need to call store. My camera busted on iPhone, so couldn't take pictures.

1 person likes this.
  19. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Well-Known Member

Casual stuff should be OK. Avoid tailored clothing - blazers, etc - they use very poor quality construction.

20. earthdragon

earthdragon Well-Known Member

The Barneys store at the Leesburg Outlet Mall has a good selection of Isaia Suits and SC's ( recent) at respectively $1199 and $999 - with and additional 30% kicker for Easter.
    Sizes ran 38 up to 54 ( even a coupl of rare L's).
    There was also an awesome solid Gray Kiton Suit in size 54 for about $1700.