• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Events and PSA thread

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unconfirmed, as i need wide sizes. Not many options in Florida to try them on. :(

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ I agree, someone needs to let me know where I can find EGs and C&Js on sale... :plain:

Jubei, you may already know this, but three sources:

Brooks Brothers - some of the Peal shoes are C&J, and now they carry EG (gotta be careful with Peal these days, as more are coming from Loake)
Barneys - C&J
Malford of London - he's an SF member (and a great guy) and has C&J, EG, and JL on sale. http://www.malfordoflondon.com

Of course, it will be hit or miss what is available and on sale at any one time. Brooks seems to have a lot less Peal at deep discount than in the past, although they often have the 25% off sale. I think Barney's does semi-annual sales, and when they do, they have great deals. There's a gent here who works in the Scottsdale store that posts on the C&J thread when sales are coming up, and you can see from current stock the pool of shoes that could end up on sale at end of season.

You should be able to try on some in a Brooks store near you (don't know if you have Barney's). And all three have good return policies, although Malford is international.

I love C&J and buy them opportunistically when I can.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Jubei, you may already know this, but three sources:
Brooks Brothers - some of the Peal shoes are C&J, and now they carry EG (gotta be careful with Peal these days, as more are coming from Loake)
Barneys - C&J
Malford of London - he's an SF member (and a great guy) and has C&J, EG, and JL on sale. http://www.malfordoflondon.com
Of course, it will be hit or miss what is available and on sale at any one time. Brooks seems to have a lot less Peal at deep discount than in the past, although they often have the 25% off sale. I think Barney's does semi-annual sales, and when they do, they have great deals. There's a gent here who works in the Scottsdale store that posts on the C&J thread when sales are coming up, and you can see from current stock the pool of shoes that could end up on sale at end of season.
You should be able to try on some in a Brooks store near you (don't know if you have Barney's). And all three have good return policies, although Malford is international.
I love C&J and buy them opportunistically when I can.

what size are you?

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thinkderm i am 10.5? any ideas for me?

curzon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rider Boots on sale at Franco's (of Richmond, VA). Looks to be 30 - 40+% off. Common sizes available. Even have a navy shell chukka and a #6 shell bal boot. Don't know when it started or when it shall end.

Speaking of Rider Boot there are a half dozen models on sale at the headquarters, including boots in walnut shell and gunmetal shell. Significant discounts here too.

Last edited:

curzon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

******* ****, shell sizes stop at US11

You 11.5? Bad luck there. Perhaps give the gunmetal shell at 11 a try, and if it doesn't work out you can unload 'em. I reckon it ought to be easy enough; how often does one see gunmetal shell?

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
US12. the walnut shell and gunmetal look great. thanks for the rider boot psa

deepitm

Reaction score
Maybe not the best thread for this, but there is an eBay seller who has lots of Barbour stuff (including Tokito / Heritage lines) for pretty reasonable prices. Seller's handle on eBay is eli*nor (no affiliation). I got a Barbour Tokito lined jacket for $210 + shipping. I was looking at this same jacket last year for $800. Variety of sizes. Stuff does not seem to be factory seconds or anything (I wore it out in heavy rain and no problems whatsoever). Good pickups for the fall. I think the buyer is based in Maine, so maybe flipping stuff from the factory store up there? I dunno.

Last edited:

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maybe not the best thread for this, but there is an eBay seller who has lots of Barbour stuff (including Tokito / Heritage lines) for pretty reasonable prices. Seller's handle on eBay is eli*nor (no affiliation). I got a Barbour Tokito lined jacket for $210 + shipping. I was looking at this same jacket last year for $800. Variety of sizes. Stuff does not seem to be factory seconds or anything (I wore it out in heavy rain and no problems whatsoever). Good pickups for the fall. I think the buyer is based in Maine, so maybe flipping stuff from the factory store up there? I dunno.

Good deal.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do these Ron Rider Boots run TTS? Thanks, never tried on a pair.. they look very well built tho..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads