1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Events and PSA thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Jan 21, 2009.

1. ld111134

ld111134 Senior member

As a prior purchaser of Aldens from The Shoe Mart, I get an e-mail message that shows all the irregulars available in my size. I then have to phone or e-mail my order - no online purchasing available.

2. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

I contacted them using the online form to see about getting onto the e-mail list and they never contacted me. Guess I'll have to call

3. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

if they have shell in your size, the normal color shells seem to be $369, have not seen the exotic shells (whisky/cigar/ravello) on the irregulars list yet so don't know the price.

Same price for all shell, regardless of color. I'm considering some ravello monkstraps...

4. Pengranger

Pengranger Senior member

I received an email from Edwards of Manchester today...

"New & exclusive Gaziano & Girling collection - arriving in store 10th December!

The launch of the new & exclusive Gaziano & Girling for Edwards of Manchester collection is just a week away!! The collection will only be available to Edwards of Manchester customers - in our Deansgate store and online from 10th December."
    Tony Gaziano will be attending the launch.

Have G&G done an exclusive range for anyone else before? I wonder what the differences will be to the standard range, and whether there will be any difference in pricing?

5. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

And there's this: [​IMG]

this is the exact coat i have im ambivalent to sell. 100% cashmere charcoal houndstooth with lavender windowpane. 2 button and the cut looks eactly the same

4395 retail and i paid 879 from lance . good deal. cant believe this is 349!!!! [​IMG]

that sportcoat is cut in a way that does only look good as a business sportcoat. it doesnt look good in a casual style like above. due to the more generous chest cut and the wider sleeve width (although you can alter it)

6. SirSuturesALot

SirSuturesALot Senior member

this is the exact coat i have im ambivalent to sell. 100% cashmere charcoal houndstooth with lavender windowpane. 2 button and the cut looks eactly the same 4395 retail and i paid 879 from lance . good deal. cant believe this is 349!!!! [​IMG] that sportcoat is cut in a way that does only look good as a business sportcoat. it doesnt look good in a casual style like above. due to the more generous chest cut and the wider sleeve width (although you can alter it)
    No need to panic. The price for the RLPL sportcoat is $1,995 not $349. It's the 44R black RLBL suit that is on sale for $349.

7. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

No need to panic. The price for the RLPL sportcoat is $1,995 not $349. It's the 44R black RLBL suit that is on sale for $349.

oh i see. sorry, didnt read the whole thread. plus, i cant find it on amazon? do you have the link?

8. SirSuturesALot

SirSuturesALot Senior member

9. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

oh i see. sorry, didnt read the whole thread. plus, i cant find it on amazon? do you have the link?

Sho - I just used the link above and put "purple label" in the search box and the SC came up, and again at $1995. Definitely not a deal by SF standards.

Edit: SirSutures beat me to it. I was too lazy to grab the link (yet oddly not too lazy to type this in the first place, which would have been the same amount of effort).

10. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002QARG36

[​IMG]

Sho - I just used the link above and put "purple label" in the search box and the SC came up, and again at $1995. Definitely not a deal by SF standards.

Edit: SirSutures beat me to it. I was too lazy to grab the link (yet oddly not too lazy to type this in the first place, which would have been the same amount of effort).

thanks guys.

strange. they list this as $3995 retail. this is the exact same one i have all the pictures prove it. mine was listed as $4395 originally with a Stanley korshak tag . strange.

11. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

its on sale online, called a store and they were confused though

12. WhateverYouLike

WhateverYouLike Senior member

Its under the sale section. About 30-50% off...

13. WhateverYouLike

WhateverYouLike Senior member

Im extremely jealous of whoever fits those brown wingtips.

14. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

i bought the leather... hope its good, otherwise theres returns [​IMG]

15. ccvle

ccvle Senior member

what leather? the lambskin black jacket? I'm looking for a jacket that I can literally wear everyday(business casual on weekdays and going out on the weekends). I dont know if a lambskin is durable enough for that thought.

16. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

maybe shoes for polo are

17. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

18. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

i bought the leather... hope its good, otherwise theres returns [​IMG]

if it is the lambskin, good purchase. that's a fantastic price and a beautiful looking jacket.